usdm jam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usdm jam

So after scrapping my semi built swapped stanced turboed hyundai accent project after 7 years of sheer pain and torment, I finally came across the car I've wanted for about three same amount of time.

Its a three owner, 1991 Lexus Es250, bought it for pretty damn cheap in its original two-tone White / Silver paint scheme which will always be a classic in my opinion.

Interior was maybe a 9/10, and the outside 8/10.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

Pictures not showing up for me...for image links to parse properly I think you need [img] ...example... [/img] if I'm not mistaken. Or maybe I'm just having viewing troubles on my end.

Comment

No pictures are showing up, might want to host them on Flickr or something similar.
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
        No pictures are showing up, might want to host them on Flickr or something similar.
        Originally posted by Beemernut View Post
        Pictures not showing up for me...for image links to parse properly I think you need [img] ...example... [/img] if I'm not mistaken. Or maybe I'm just having viewing troubles on my end.
        I guess the website I've used in the past no longer works in here. Not sure what happened but finally pictures are showing up...heres the thing im doing.

always odd, always different, always fresh thats just my style...just didnt have a clever name for this build thread.

Really wanted to make this into like a tiny version of one of those crazy demon cambered vip cars but after seeing how tame a x9 +24 is..i dont want to spend the money on x11s +0 lips. I was going to go with 16x9 Work Equips but can only imagine how small they would have looked to me, definitely ready to "kill the game" this year.....
        Last edited by audobon; 06-29-2019, 09:05 AM.
        WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
        @thewheeluminati

Comment

so after two years
          two headgaskets
          five thousand headaches
          gecko racing coilovers
          a nardi gara 3 and nardi cruise horn
          with a set of vienna kreis later

I get this

Last edited by audobon; 01-11-2020, 12:45 AM.
          WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
          @thewheeluminati

Comment

got a long way to go, but its running, axles are now broken though and i belive im getting some coilover clicking/clunking, not sure. I'll be back though.
            WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
            @thewheeluminati

Comment

Installed my favorite mod so far, $14 autozone micro mast antenna. Crappy factory antenna was broken and ugly, but this one flows so well with the body lines.

17X8.5 +31
              17X9 +29
              Last edited by audobon; 07-06-2020, 07:07 AM. Reason: addition
              WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
              @thewheeluminati

Comment

Whats going on with the trunk lid?

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
                  Whats going on with the trunk lid?
                  out of everything you could have commented on lol, but nah its a factory defect amongst the model that was never fixed due to low sales and short production run.
                  WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                  @thewheeluminati

Comment

currently.....

autophagtic transmission blew, partially my fault for not catching the leak from the trans cooler hose.

but have been doing a bunch of preventative maintenance prior to the fuggin tragedy that is my car.

trying to finish this car by September as a 30th birthday present to myself. Ordered some super duper rare 100PCD5 16” SSR MK-iiR & 15” SSR NEO EXC MESH.

will be stepping both up to 17s as well, fun times will be had.
                    Last edited by audobon; 04-18-2020, 10:04 AM.
                    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                    @thewheeluminati

Comment

ssr mk2'r get here from japan end of this month, so its much excite, although they are 16x7 and i have no tires on hand for them and honestly dont know if i even want 16s but there is just something about a nice square 16x10 setup on a old japanese car.
                      WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                      @thewheeluminati

Comment

16X7 +38 F/R
                        Wasnt too pleased with my ride height with the viennas on٫ so i sourced some super rare 5x100 ssr mkiir. The reddish orange pops so much ٫ but stock interior is dark blue leather with dark wood. Cant wait to get these redone and widened.
                        Last edited by audobon; 01-06-2021, 04:02 PM.
                        WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                        @thewheeluminati

Comment

came up on some 16x8 / 16x9 SSR HIRO BARRELS the faces fit but having to do a little bit of tweaking(ruining) to the barrels to fit the valve stems and etc.
                          WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                          @thewheeluminati

Comment

i get some major shakotan vibes. please continue!

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
                              i get some major shakotan vibes. please continue!
                              Drawing inspiration from that era wheel wise, but other than that, look at it more as period correct 80s-90s Southern California vibes. Just found a complete 5 speed swap for it too, I’m juiced.
                              Last edited by audobon; 10-15-2020, 03:08 PM.
                              WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                              @thewheeluminati

Comment

Working...
                              X