Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Bagged Jagaur XKR

hello everyone!

i've finally got round to making a build thread from my 2004 Midnight Black Jaguar XKR.
    i've had this car for just over a year now, i changed job around a year and half ago and this meant i had a little more money to play with than my previous car,
    which was complete polar opposites to the Jag, a galxy colour shift pearl Skoda Fabia VRS with blue leather interior.

[IMG][/IMG]

i'd spent a while dreaming about what i could build next as my goal was to do something no one else had done (which coincidently is quite hard in the world car scene) so i started looking at Jaguar XF's but when i realised id have to settle for a executives 3 litre diesel (in hind-sight probably would have been better) i decided to go balls to the wall and look at XKR's. i went to a local jaguar dealer and as i walked onto the forecourt this magnificent black XKR caught my eye, with the biggest BBS wheels i've ever seen and the plushest ivory leather Recaro interior i went straight to it. i had a test drive of it ;much to the dealers displeasure. on the test drive i found a million things wrong with it but it was so me!! i had to have it! so i spent the next two weeks two'ing and throwing emails from the dealer trying to arrange some kind of deal to get all the bits fixed and a tasty next exhaust system fitted ready for collection.

the first day i drove the car more problems emerged but hey! thats what jags do isnt it? anyway here it is from when i picked it up

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Tris_xkr; 04-30-2018, 07:15 AM.

Sub'd for more Jag problems!

Comment

The progress so far...

so i spent the next few months after that searching for coilover kits or air ride kits, which there were very few to choose from. a couple of company's made a coil over kit for it but at 3 grand i wasn't felling that.
      i did eventually find a company called PB Brakes which made a kit for a worryingly cheap 800quid so i sent loads of emails asking about the if these were tested on the car and they were very help full, gave me all the measurements i needed to start planning out the air ride.

i started setting up all the airlift V2 management in the boot which was surprisingly easy as the battery and all the fuse's i needed to tap into were there.

[IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]

inbetween all this i finally had a set of BBS's! which meant i could make some custom machined centre caps...

[IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]

after tinkering this the positioning of the air compressor i decided to mount it so i could keep hold of the spare wheels and tool kit.

[IMG][/IMG]
      Last edited by Tris_xkr; 04-30-2018, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hvmbone View Post
        Sub'd for more Jag problems!
        there are many of them i can assure you haha

Comment

making the bags...

i spent quite a while working out the dimensions of the coilover travel compared to the standard setup and what air bags i could use that suit the setup. i settled with Only Charged Dubs universal bags, they had the correct travel i needed to give me a bit of extra hight over standard and a full drop.

the front setup went together like lego once i had made all the components that hold the bag to the coilover.

the rear i had problems as the factory design had the shock going separately up through the middle of the spring which obviously i couldn't do, so i took a risk and made the shock mount the weight baring part of the rear which luckily work and still works now.
          my problems came when on a short drive to supercar Sunday at goodwood the rear drivers side bag collapsed and wouldn't hold any air. after driving home on a mixture of wooden blocks and my bump stops (i don't recommend) it imerged to be the fact i had no baring in the top mount so everytime i aired out the shock would bed and eventually snap, as it was hollow all the air just came straight out.

so i went back to the note pad and raided my dads spare part draw for some good rose joint barings i made these...

i didn't take as many pictures as i would have liked, i mainly filmed it and put it on my youtube channel.
          Last edited by Tris_xkr; 04-30-2018, 09:21 AM.

Comment

make me some centre caps like that and I will love you (even more) x

Comment

Subbed, this is very interesting

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

so keen to watch this!!
                2015_VW Golf R
                Manual
                APR Tuned

Comment

Fabrication skills are super impressive, those BBS Jag centre caps are a thing of beauty, enjoying this thread so far...
                  My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

This is my kind of thread - custom fabwork always piques my interest #subscribed

Scottish idiot with an unhealthy E39 obsession... @scumbag_mike

Comment

I am so happy to see this.

My mother owns an '01 XKR coupe (original owner) and I'm waiting for the day she's ready to move on so I can have some fun with the car. I love how much the s/c whines in it.

Comment

go on, show us them other wheels you got for this.
                        Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
                          Fabrication skills are super impressive, those BBS Jag centre caps are a thing of beauty, enjoying this thread so far...
                          thanks mate, its part of my job so its quite nice to be able to make stuff for myself

Comment

Originally posted by white out View Post
                            I am so happy to see this.

My mother owns an '01 XKR coupe (original owner) and I'm waiting for the day she's ready to move on so I can have some fun with the car. I love how much the s/c whines in it.
                            wow one owner from new thats uncommon, mines had 6 haha. the supercharger wine is nuts! especially with in cone filter!

Comment

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                              go on, show us them other wheels you got for this.
                              SOON!!! there being finished as we speak, should be on the car hopefully friday

Comment

Working...
                              X