Thanks dude, I really appreciate it!!

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
    Looked so good at Bimmerfest dude!
    Thanks CJ!
    Bagged MKIV R32
    1983 BMW R80
    @Zachbox

Comment

With all the parts back from the water jet, its ready to be finally attached and welded together

DSC06250

DSC06278

DSC06286

So I'm not too sure on how I want my turn signals to look but I figured since it's a BMW, they aren't very important. I figured a tail light and brake light is semi important so I pulled the trigger on this little LED tail light from Prism Motor Cycle and Supply!

DSC06265

I also got some hand me down Koni shocks for the rear which I'm pretty stoked on since they are black and will bring everything together better.
      Plus I'm sure they are a hell of a lot better than my old OEM ones that have who knows how many miles.

DSC06282
      Bagged MKIV R32
      1983 BMW R80
      @Zachbox

Comment

i really like the seat frame, thats some good craftsmanship

Comment

So the seat is on!

DSC06615-Edit

next is to move the battery, make new exhaust brackets, and some smaller things!
          Bagged MKIV R32
          1983 BMW R80
          @Zachbox

Comment

So I got off my lazy ass and got the seat's subframe powder coated black to match the rest of the back

DSC00029

Also shortened and redirected the muffler brackets, hid the battery underneath the transmission, and put a cover plate between the tank and seat to clean up the gap a tad

DSC00035

DSC00038

DSC00024

DSC00052
            Bagged MKIV R32
            1983 BMW R80
            @Zachbox

Comment

looking great man, one of these literally slipped between my fingers a few weeks ago. still sore about it

Comment

looks great! but wont the battery get a little hot being so close to the exhaust?

Comment

I've never been a huge bike guy if I'm being honest, but hot damn does this make me reconsider that. Beautiful work, absolutely stunning bike. That seat is a work of art.

Comment

Damn, this looks great, now I want one to build myself!

Originally posted by The Norwegian View Post
                    looks great! but wont the battery get a little hot being so close to the exhaust?
                    I have the same doubt, but I think for weight distribution it's the best place.

Comment

Serious bit of me this is. What an awesome looking bike
                      Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
                      1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                        looking great man, one of these literally slipped between my fingers a few weeks ago. still sore about it
                        If you get the chance again, take it! It's such a fun bike to ride around!

Originally posted by The Norwegian View Post
                        A little ha. I've been checking it after rides just by putting the back of my hand on it and it seems fi

Originally posted by bwwaaaa View Post
                        I've never been a huge bike guy if I'm being honest, but hot damn does this make me reconsider that. Beautiful work, absolutely stunning bike. That seat is a work of art.
                        I really appreciate it!

Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
                        Serious bit of me this is. What an awesome looking bike
                        Thank you!
                        It's far from finished but I'm definitely stoked on the direction it's heading!
                        Bagged MKIV R32
                        1983 BMW R80
                        @Zachbox

Comment

No real update but I did push it across the street while it was raining to take a photo. So I guess there's that.

DSC04912
                          Bagged MKIV R32
                          1983 BMW R80
                          @Zachbox

Comment

Old BMW bikes are just the best that vintage can get. I'd love to own one of these one day.

Comment

Still much more progress than mine!

And manage to looks great at the same time

Comment

So I've decided to speed up the aging of my back and throw some clip on handle bars on the bike.

DSC02898

I don't know much about customizing things beyond basic bolt ons. So this part of the thread might be a painful for the next post or two seeing that there are a ton of aftermarket bike parts but none are built to fit my bike specifically. I've yet to do anything like this before so bare with me! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I decided to go with some Woodcraft 3 piece clip ons. I still haven't found a set of controls(throttle, light/horn switches, turn signals, master cylinder, ect.) that I'm 100% in love with so I'm going to just reuse the OEM BMW ones. Since they clamp on below the triple clamp and there isn't room since my stock headlight brackets are to long, I have to cut both of them to compensate for the clamp itself. Measure twice and cut once right? Well... I hope so.

DSC02867

DSC03472

DSC03477

DSC03484

I am semi familiar with band saws because my mom cuts up wood to Tole Art on and I once took a 5th grade woodworking class back in 2003. To increase my odds of perfection I decided to cut it on the ground while carefully holding it down with my foot...

DSC03486

DSC03491

After cutting the brackets I reinstalled everything I took of the oringal bars and slid my new grips on with a little help from some WD-40.

DSC03500

DSC03510

DSC03507

I still have a bit more to clean up but that is all next on the list.
                                Bagged MKIV R32
                                1983 BMW R80
                                @Zachbox

Comment

Working...
                                X