2001 Audi S3 new project / daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Audi S3 new project / daily driver

Here's my new daily driver / project. 2001 Audi S3. The car is programmed and the exhaust pipe has been updated. The power is about 250-260 hp. Inside, there are electrically adjustable blue / black leather-Alcantara Recaro seats.

For the summer, BC Racing BR coilovers has been acquired and wheels for the summer are 18x9.5 Radi8 R8T12's with 225/40 tires.

Plans for this summer are to lower the car, and change parts of the car's chassis anyway ... Handle the car's technology in order... (some idle problems...) Fix paint finish errors (some rust, spot painting and polishing)... When those things are okay, the purpose is to start tuning the car's engine ...

Installed B6 S4 steering wheel and A1 gear knob... I finally got rid of that worn out look... The interior still require some attention though...

Yesterday I changed summer tires. The front offset is 35 and at the rear 15. Now the car just needs to get the ground.

Next the car will got to coilover change and the paint shop to fix the paint finish errors...

Here it goes...
    Attached Files

I want to see the result with coils now :p Slam it until the car is useless or keep it as it is now

Comment

Sounds interesting.
      Slam that bitch!

Comment

Yep, I'm definitely in ��

Comment

Not an update.., a little misfortune...

There was only one key in the car when I bought it, and now it broke... I know I should have bought a new key right away... I bought new one, started to open the old one so that I can change the new key part to it... I broke the immobilizer chip... Well, I gotta take it to local cobbler so that they can program the new chip...

Comment

Car is finally lower The front end went down as much as possible and at the rear we took the adjustment part away. Fronts have now et20 and rear et0. I also changed "finnless" license plates.

Next step: Paint...

Comment

After washing and cleaning session...

Attached Files
              Last edited by -TMK-; 05-18-2018, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Just photo pollution...

Comment

The wheels are really cool, but I think it needs a lip kit/larger bodywork to pull them off.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

They sure are different... Wider fenders (at least rear fenders) have been on my mind for a while... Because I am thinking maybe 10-10.5 wide wheels there. At front 9.5 is good. To the front I am thinking rs look front bumper.

Comment

The car went to the paint restoration last week and man it looks really good now... My friend also tinted the front windows.

I also decided to do a little restoration to my winter wheels...

Starting point was very bad for all of them...

First I put some chemical metal to scratches and gaps... The substance had to be sandable within an hour, and so it was ...

Then sanding paper to the drill and with it I sanded the worst lumps away... After that I continued by hand until the surface was flat and there were no scratches.

Then I washed the wheels with dish soap because it remowes the grease and dirt best.

Let them dry overnight. Still good drying and good protection.

Then four layers of paint...

And as many layers clear coat...

And the end result... In the picture, the rim from the first image...

I think the wheels became pretty good, even though they were the first ones I refurbished myself...

Comment

wish we had these stateside

Comment

The car now looks, like some wheels with a bit of car on them. Needs either larger/more aggressive bodykit to pull this off, or lower profile tires.
                          At the moment, it doesn't look good in my eyes, but hey, if you like it that is all that counts.

Audi RS4PRA | VW Golf MKV GT-Y | Audi A1 SportBack

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys...

I actually don't like those wheels as much as those what I wanted originally... I am planning to widen the rear arches because the car looks a bit narrow from behind compared to the front arches.

Car is high to my eyes too, but I cannot lower it more yet because I need to repair the hanging exhaust first...

And no worries, there is something 18 inch 3-piece and wide incoming for the next season...

Comment

Car got winter wheels.
                              [IMG]DSC_0087 – Kopio by Tero Kaakinen, on Flickr[/IMG]

Today I also found a couple of packages from my local mail. Me crazy...
                              [IMG]DSC_0089 by Tero Kaakinen, on Flickr[/IMG]

They contained...:
                              [IMG]DSC_0091 by Tero Kaakinen, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC_0090 by Tero Kaakinen, on Flickr[/IMG]

Sizes are 18x8,5 and 18x9,5. Gonna widen the the other wheels to 10,5 and buy new nuts and bolts or clean the current ones, let's see... The color of the wheels will probably remain the same. Let the renovation begin...

Comment

Working...
                              X