Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW E63 650i

Hey!

so another project of mine, after the E34 touring and E46 330d touring, after the E46 i bought an E63 650i, also bone stock, wanted to try the V8 power, and it was serving as a daily driver for around 2 years.. not that much happened to it, started out with this:

wish it was a manual and facelift model, but yeah, in my country i was happy to find even this example..

there were few issues though, right away few months after with my mechanic we did change the o-ring and water transfer pipe..

after that i had to change the oil in gearbox, in ZF service, even though it was written in service book, it was changed at 120 000km in bmw, guys in ZF told me that filter wasnt down, so..

i also detailed the car, with the interior of course..

then winter came..

swapped the AE bulbs..

then i sold the stock 19" and bought some new 20" wheels.. with nice specs, unfortunately not very good stance, because car was soooo high, it looked like offroad..
    20x9.5 ET25, effective ET8 with spacers
    20x11 ET25, effective ET0 with spacers

all around 245/35

one thing, i was dissapointed with, was the noise of the car though.. and then this came:

but it didnt help.. honestly, from outside, the car sounded nuts, it was really great, but from the inside, it is so well insulated, that you cant hear anything :-/ so exhaust valves will come in place, when their time comes :-D

after that, i bought eibach lowering springs kit, wasnt very happy with the hight, but hey.. it was a daily driver. this is the end of 2015 season. also, the aluminium trim on the car was wrapped in black gloss vinyl + the kidneys were plastidipped black..

then, for 2016, having in mind, that the car wasnt low enough, i decided to go with narrower rims, and wider tires, to put in more of a "fat" stance to it, so i bought set of new AvantGarde M359 wheels.. with these specs: 20x9 ET15 a 20x10.5 ET25
    and wrapped with Federal SS595 Evo tires, 245/35 and 285/30 R20..
    but the car looked a whole lot better:

like that, i went to worthersee too :-)

but then, the turning point came..

valve covers leaked oil, it went onto the alternator, that failed, so car didnt have power, etc. etc. it ended up like this again, for few weeks

while it was sitting there, i sent the headlight for refurbishment, got new projectors fitted in them and painted the inside black:

car was put together, nice feeling, everything great, did 3500km, after two weeks, steering failed. leaked oil, etc. so it ended up like this..

soo at this point, in summer 2016 i told myself, it cant be like this, i needed a reliable car to drive every day, i was putting 30 000+km per year on 10years old 650, it just wasnt going to last, solving something all the time.. i went on bmw test drive event, and felt in love with F32..
    so 3 months later, in second half of november, we got a delivery :-D

brand fucking new, i was blown away, never thought i will order a new bmw in my life.
    nice spec, adaptive led headlamps, big navigation, adaptive suspension, adaptive steering, hifi, full m sports package, paddle shifts.. unfortunately its only 420d, but there wasnt enough cash for 430d..:-/
    i put on some stuff however, new rear diffuser, rear trunk lip and gloss black kidneys

did have a front splitter on it too, but it didnt last long unfortunately, will be putting on it something else..

back to E63 though..

i kept the car of course, after so much money spent on it.. but this is where it gets interesting, it turned into project car and weekend driver :-) and only at this point i really started to enjoy the car, driving it on weekends, giving it a go.. :-)

everything is fixed on it, and i took it to get the interior fixed too..
    few before afters:

i ordered a trunk lip, which still isnt on the car, because i was waiting for some other stuff to have on, so it sits in the garage in the box for a year :-D

i put wider spacers on the wheels, 2.5cm on the back and 1.5cm on the front (instead of 1.5cm and 1cm) and it wasnt rubbing! much. :-D but i left them there, because i knew i will be putting narrower tires on.

also, new brake discs and pads all round..

tires..

with some nice stretch

new front grille, gloss black this time + DRL LED H7 bulbs..

and the biggest thing came after that..

the kit is D2 Racing Super professional, and its almost top of the line from D2, and i absolutely love it. never had an airride before, but now i know that i dont want anything else.. it drives super comfortable, you can go through anything, it just makes complete sense..
    and parked low it just looks insane :-)

then i did some shots with my insane new lens, nikkor 80-200 F2.8, which is sharp as hell and makes sooo great shots, i am very happy with it..
    here ya go..

new front tires, 245/35 out, and 235/35 in, for some little stretch:

and i gained a lot of space, which is nice:

driving height..

soo, the next step will be dialing in the fitment, i am waiting for front camber plates, because they were ordered but never delivered, so after the camber adjustment i will see how much more spacer i can put in, i guess 2.5cm will be fine.. and also i have to roll the rear fenders, because there is a huge lip, after that i will be putting wider spacers too.
    in the works is also the interior, there will be some carbon trim, i already got a new gear knob, and the small stuff + steering wheel will be upholstered in alcantara. i also will be putting in some splitters and the trunk lip, and of course detailing the car, would love to try and wetsand it :-D
    thats it folks, for now.. cant wait for 2018 season..

IG: @fuxxo_works_garage
    YT: TheFuxxoWorksGarage

my build thread: E63 650i Airride
    my build thread: E34 520i Touring

sound check + new tires check :-D

Comment

airride..

Comment

Nice progress! very cool to see another E6X chassis on here, I've always liked the 6ers.

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
        "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
        SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Damn the 6 series is sexy
          Needs a set of nice splits!

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

love it.... love the 420d also. cant wait to see more of the 6

Comment

Nice ride! i love the idea of big coupe grand tourers, unfortunately the 6 series is very rare here too...
              F30 320i from Brazil...

Comment

thanks guys! :-)

yeah, 6series is quite wide and very long, aired out it looks impressive :-)

and set of splits should be on the list, if everything goes right, i will be putting together some custom 20" three piece splits with high offsets and big fat steplips :-)

Comment

OMG!!! I was holding my breath for air ride from when I opened up this thread, seen the new car and thought ah he sold it, then the last few posts became epic, beautiful big 6!!!
                  My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

i fucking love this! and i am sure i wasn't the only person to go to some auction sites or car sale sites and look for one!!

always loved a 6series and seem to be able to get a lot of car for what they seem to be selling at!
                    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

hahah
                      honestly i never liked E63s that much, especially because of the front look, but slammed down, all blacked out, with some additional stuff it looks much better :-)
                      wish there was already warmer outside, to go and start doing something :-D

ben: you get a lot of car for the money, but you also get a lot of pain with service and reliability issues :-D
                      however, LCi models are better (as are E60 lci), lot less issues with electrics, and idrive..

Comment

think it just needs a more aggressive front bumper... but im sure there is more to come.

Comment

i wish.. wanted to do M6 conversion on bumpers, but they soo expensive that i wont do it.. will try to put in aggressiveness with them splitters, hope it turns out good :-O

Comment

Originally posted by fuxxo View Post
                            i wish.. wanted to do M6 conversion on bumpers, but they soo expensive that i wont do it.. will try to put in aggressiveness with them splitters, hope it turns out good :-O

any updates on this?

Comment

Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
                              any updates on this?
                              yessss there are quite big updates on it, however, i am on vacation and didnt have time to shoot the car properly :-) i will try to fix it sometime next week tho :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X