What the Czech - Octavia RS gettin Rotiformed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the Czech - Octavia RS gettin Rotiformed

Freddy from Sweden here. I bought this 1U Octavia a few weeks ago. I've done some smaller builds before. New paint and some other stuffs. This will be a new thing for me in many ways, despite the fact that this car is very old. I haven't had a car this new before haha :P

I work as a salesman at a junkyard in a small town called Kristianstad.

A car I did a few years ago. Lovely Beemer

I do miss this car. Many memories and new friends made because of this thing

GT-wheels, cheap coilovers, complete repaint, new interior, fully M3-kitted with M3 3.0 steering rack etc etc. Very fun to drive even with the smallest engine.

Another car close to my heart, my old Volvo. I hit a deer (!) with this one a few years ago during winter. The car looked like a mess obviously. A few days later the car was roadworthy again. You can't kill an old Volvo! A summerpicture from 2013 i think.

The Skoda is (as far as i know for now) completely original. It has some dents and scratches but hey. There's people doin paint and other things all day so it's not bothering me for the moment.

Bought some wheels on sale. They're brand new. 18x9.5

I tried them on with stock RS suspension. Looks quite ridicolous :P

I'm thinking about some sort of coilovers and maybe 215/45 tyres. For the upcoming season the top priority will be good suspension and to make the wheels fit. Haven't seen any skoda with these wheels so it will be a fun journey I hope.

I'll keep you updated when things happen
    Build thread: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...tin-Rotiformed

I LIKE it. Wagon’s are the best, and they’re even better with some Rotiform.

Clueless American here, was this model of Skoda in any way related to the Mk 4 Jetta? It has some definite similarities in the roofline.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BozoBubble View Post
      I LIKE it. Wagon’s are the best, and they’re even better with some Rotiform.

Clueless American here, was this model of Skoda in any way related to the Mk 4 Jetta? It has some definite similarities in the roofline.
      Yes! Octavia, Golf 4, Jetta, Seat Leon and Audi A3 has plenty of similarities. The subframe is the same etc. In Swedish cars this Octavia RS and Audi S3 has the same engine. The Octavia has an other intercooler and some other minor peripherals. However the Octavia is not made in Germany. They are made in Czech Republic.

I took the car out for a good spin with some friends today. We drove to Malmö and made the camera do some work.

If you drive a Czech car you need to know how to do a proper squat

I found some 18" wheels with great wintertyres. Imma roll with these until I'll do some work with the suspension.

I think the clearance between the wheel and the strut will be a problem. When i tested the Rotiforms with stock suspension there's no clearance to speak of. It's about 1-2 creditcards in clearance. I'm looking forward to try some kind of coilover on to make some measurements. Otherwise I need to rebuild my struts in a more... radical way i'm afraid.
      Last edited by Mr.Seven; 12-25-2017, 09:09 PM.

Comment

That's awesome man! You brought back some good memories of me learning to drive manual in a Skoda pick up! Great times and I wish we got those here in the States!.
        Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

hey
          I'm driving an mk4 jetta wagon, so it's the same platform!

I think those rotiforms will look hella good man - you should try some 215/35 tyres and some camber in the front (silverproject should work out) and also some camber plates or dropplates at the back. with rolled fenders you should be able to fit those wheels then at a height around 29cm from Fender to wheelcenter.

you can check out my wagon here:

greetings from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
            That's awesome man! You brought back some good memories of me learning to drive manual in a Skoda pick up! Great times and I wish we got those here in the States!.
            That's lovely cars! I've had a car like that as well.

Originally posted by jotemha View Post
            hey
            I'm driving an mk4 jetta wagon, so it's the same platform!

I think those rotiforms will look hella good man - you should try some 215/35 tyres and some camber in the front (silverproject should work out) and also some camber plates or dropplates at the back. with rolled fenders you should be able to fit those wheels then at a height around 29cm from Fender to wheelcenter.

you can check out my wagon here:

greetings from Germany
            Looks amazing! Es ist ein tolles Auto Really like your wheels I'll need to take a closer look at Silverproject. Never heard of them tbh. Great to have input like yours!

I'm really looking forward to spring. The weather here in Sweden is quite depressing. Grey, shitty, rainy weather. No snow to speak of and it's around 1-3 °C for several months.

Got some new speakers. I'll tell more about this later on.

Carmeet in Lund, loads of fun people

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Seven View Post
              looks amazing! Es ist ein tolles Auto Really like your wheels I'll need to take a closer look at Silverproject. Never heard of them tbh. Great to have input like yours!

I'm really looking forward to spring. The weather here in Sweden is quite depressing. Grey, shitty, rainy weather. No snow to speak of and it's around 1-3 °C for several months.
              thanks man!
              yeah it's cool to have someone doing work on the same platform as well so you can learn and give each other tips.
              mine is 4wd so the rear axles are different - I have -4.20° camber in the back just because of the lowering.

a good friend of mine also went with 9.5x18 square on an mk4 golf v6 4wd. looked pretty sweet.
              yours is a stock fwd one!? I hope you're aware that you have to buy 4wd front struts so you can run the 4wd anti-roll Bar with 4wd couple for. otherwise you will get problems going low because the drive shaft will hit the roll bar.
              also you should consider buying a thinner drive shaft or doing a frame cut.
              golf 4 platform isn't that easy to go really low^^

your previous cars looked amazing.
              is that amarok your towing car at work? nice stance too
              do you also repair those cars or are you just parting them out?

Comment

yours is a stock fwd one!? I hope you're aware that you have to buy 4wd front struts so you can run the 4wd anti-roll Bar with 4wd couple for. otherwise you will get problems going low because the drive shaft will hit the roll bar.
                also you should consider buying a thinner drive shaft or doing a frame cut.
                golf 4 platform isn't that easy to go really low^^

your previous cars looked amazing.
                Yes it's only fwd I've been thinking about the rollbar-thing. I checked in my Etka-programme and i got a bit curious! So I took the loader and put an junk-car inside to make an comparison!

This is how it looks like on my RS. I believe that it's the same as 4wd tbh! However it's not the same specific partnumber on this one and a 4wd Golf roll bar. So there could be some kind of difference, but I don't know what or why.. in many cases older Skoda-cars have their own partnumbers so some parts are tricky to crosscheck. The newer car, the easier it gets.

This is an estate Octavia with a regular 1.6 petrol engine. According to the comparison I hope I can use the roll-bar I have. Otherwise I need to dig a bit more into this.

is that amarok your towing car at work? nice stance too
                do you also repair those cars or are you just parting them out?
                Yupp! You can't load much on it though. This photo is more... for fun :P The Bentley is a junk car though. It's been in a garage that has been flooded. We use it for commercial use and to show that we're interested in what we are doing. We only part them out and sell parts.

Comment

you have the rigth rollbar, and couplings

just make sure that the coilovers have a 'eye' for mounting your droplinks (not all coil's for mk4 haves that)

Comment

Working...
                  X