• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, so awesome.

build thread?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
      yes, so awesome.
      Thanks. By the way, I have readed your build thread many many times in the years! Good work with that Benz, that kind of build I get motivation on my own builds.
      Shame you sold it

Comment

Got the carbon dioxide bottle back today so tomorrow we start to weld again. Thinking of welding the front fender first and then update the bigger picture of this car to you guys.
        Havent done anything to the car in couple of days because these late nights in work...shame on me. Still, need to earn that money to do on my free-time what i want.
        Ordered some more equipment to the garage, in a few weeks i should get new beading machine with 12pcs of rollers. Also a english wheel has been on my mind, havent searched that much but i think i need to invest on that also, time will tell.
        That should help me a little bit with these metalworks, we'll see.
        So heres only couple of random pictures of the car building, at least decided to show you something.

image35.jpg
        image36.jpg

image38.jpg
        These two last pictures shows my most used tools with the car. I have done metalwork a lot in my life but fabricating these small thicness bodypanels is a new chapter. Everyday learning somethin new and everyday becoming better what i do, still a lot learning ahead.
        image37.jpg
        IMG-20170922-WA0007.jpg

Thats for now, in the weekend more updates and pictures of the whole car.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjones View Post
          yes, so awesome.
          Whoa! Your build was so eye opening to me when it was active.

Comment

So i moved the car out off the garage and cleaned a little bit so i can better do my job with the car. Benz has been sitting almost 2 months at the garage so there was a little bit what to clean ja wipe the dust out...
            Got the fender welded, pretty good results with it. Then grapped couple of pictures about the Benz what i promised. In the pictures full laid-out, no picture when bags are up so sorry about that.

image41.jpg
            image42.jpg
            image46.jpg
            image43.jpg

Sorry about the look of the engine bay, hasnt touched there yet but that need some re-doing and fabricatin. Looks discusting.
            But for now, here you go!

Comment

The top chop looks factory, if I didn't know you did it I would not spot the difference, and front fenders are a lot better now
              Only negative thing in my opinion it the wheels look really tiny compared to the whole car's size

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                The top chop looks factory, if I didn't know you did it I would not spot the difference, and front fenders are a lot better now
                Only negative thing in my opinion it the wheels look really tiny compared to the whole car's size
                Thanks! Fenders came pretty nicely, looks better on my own eye too agreed.
                I think too those 15" looks little tiny compared to the car size, i've been looking 15" or 16" epsilon mesh's or somethin pretty close that. Who knows what is coming in the future.
                But before i get the floor done and the ride height to the minimum / where my eyes like it, i decide the wheel size. Cant tell before i see whole picture on the right height.

Comment

First of all, sorry about the lack of updates..
                  Been busy with work so getting time with the Benz is hard now, but somethin has been done neither so much as before.
                  So, also the left side of the car is now ready with the doors, and today i got the front fender also welded. Pretty busy weekend but thats somethin i got done this time.
                  Also last week some evening i did get done the inside of the right side pilars, and here's one picture of the result, looks pretty good if i may say! So the first picture is from right side C-pilar.
                  Time for some pictures!

image45.jpg

image47.jpg

image48.jpg

image49.jpg

This last picture shows (if you can see any of those markings) where and how i did this lowering to the wheel arch. You maybe can't see those measurements but at least you see those lines where i did those cuts. If you have readed the whole thread you know this side was made different than the other side, why? Because i dont use these fenders. Both are full of rust inside and cant be use in the future, the top of the fenders were cut through when i was removing the paint from the car. Need to buy original used ones or new if the quality is good, depends only that. But it's good to use these and do the right thing now than ruin the new fenders. Also i got the idea now which i will be using with the new fenders, and this left side was easier and a lot quicker to do than the other side.

So here we are now, next is time to start welding the roof and plan the floor of this car. Need to move car and lift it so i can see under better and start measuring.
                  This weekend i thought i could take some pictures outside because there was snowing and i think it could look good when full laid-out in the snow but...need to wait. Only water is coming from the sky now.

Also got done a little gift, did this rose last week. Pretty easy to do and good to train skills with some fabricatin these little things occasionally.

image50.jpg

Till next time, will get updates sooner this time!
                  Last edited by JuusoEt; 12-04-2017, 12:15 AM.

Comment

this is so rad, curious to see if you have decided whether to paint it or not? I'm torn personally, I think the rat rod look is baller, however a deep gloss tan, or deep cherry red with a bunch of flake would look sweet. Either way can't wait to see progress

Comment

Love the hubcaps on this. Hope they stay! =)

Comment

Originally posted by slamitall View Post
                        this is so rad, curious to see if you have decided whether to paint it or not? I'm torn personally, I think the rat rod look is baller, however a deep gloss tan, or deep cherry red with a bunch of flake would look sweet. Either way can't wait to see progress
                        I'm gonna paint it someday. Promised to my friends that next summer when i hopefully got all the metalwork done and hopefully inspection done, we will go and drive for some spring cruisin's ( in here Finland they are very precise in inspection with cars that has modification) so with the air-suspension and the roof choppin need to be very carefully. But after that i'm gonna paint it. Thinking of deep black paint, cant say nothin much yet.
                        Updates of the air-suspension also comin because i need to lift the car for the floor work.
                        Last edited by JuusoEt; 12-08-2017, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutschland201 View Post
                          Love the hubcaps on this. Hope they stay! =)
                          Cant say if these will stay, in my dad's w110 also is good lookin hubcaps on 14" wheels, future will tell what i will do.

Comment

This car is fucking amazing bro keep us updated.

Comment

Originally posted by LoweredSilverado View Post
                              This car is fucking amazing bro keep us updated.
                              Thanks. You need to update your thread, more pictures please!

Comment

Originally posted by JuusoEt View Post
                                Thanks. You need to update your thread, more pictures please!
                                Working on it, Haven't had much time. Been redoing my aunts roof while I still work during the week.

Comment

Working...
                                X