Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ãœber slow Volvo build based on **** for each other.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ãœber slow Volvo build based on **** for each other.

So hi! My name is Salvis, I'm currently 21 and I've been eager to finally create a profile and post a build thread (that will be slow as hell) on here as I've been lurking the forums and gathering ideas for years now untill I will be able to get my own car and do stupid sh#t to it.

So yeah, I'm 21 and from Latvia, I'm currently studying in university to become a translator and I also work at a bank as a consultant (They don't pay me sh#t). I've always been a car guy since I remember myself, always been a fan of S-Chassis and ect, but then I realized that its too unreal to get one here as most of them cost over 5000 euros and are a pain to maintain, then I started looking at BMW's and fell in love with them as one of my older brothers always had a BMW, first he had a 320i E36 with a welded diff in like 2006 with a wannabe E39 M5 bumper in front and blue underglow (I thought that car was sick back then), then he got a E39 528i wagon right before he moved to the UK where he bought a E38 735i on Style 32's and a beige leather interior and Mtech3 steering wheel which sadly burned down. My dad always ***** BMW's and thought of them as cars for pre-mature men that only hoon around and sh#t and cause a ruckus, but that changed when he bought a E61 525d for himself and he fell in love with the car and BMW as a whole (Not the old ones though, those are still meant for teens and wannabee drifters), I mostly drove the E61 for around 3 years as my dad actually works in Germany for 2 months and comes home for only 2 weeks. Me studying and working in a different city (Riga, capital of Latvia) and car theft rates of e61's going up, I needed a car for myself as I didn't want the e61 to get stolen. I started looking for a clean E36 or a E46, but with the budget I had, I didn't have time to find one soon enough (I only had a few days to get a car because of reasons), so in desperation, I started looking at other cars and came across the hero of this story, a 2002 Volvo V40 1.9D which has seen better days, but the body was in decent condition, had brand new tires all around and came with brand new winter tires on a set of steelies. I taught of it as just a car for now, but as I started driving it more and more, I fell in love with it and found little kinks and different things that makes it a pretty cool car. So enough blabbing on, some pictures and plans -

The car has -
    1)Heated front seats.
    2)Working cruise control.
    3)Working AC.
    4)All electric windows.
    5)Cassette player.
    6)An attitude.

Plans for the car are -
    1)Leather interior.
    2)Get it slammed.
    3)16inch Borbet A's 7,5j and 9j (Gotta get either adapters or re-drill the rims to 4x114,3)
    4)Arch flares.
    5)Straight pipe with twin pipes on the rear on each side (Something like Hert's RX7 (Proceed the h-a-t-e)
    6)Rear diffuser.
    7)Wooden nardi wheel.

So yeah, this is gonna be slow as fuck so stay tuned for those random updates and please be patient. I'm hoping to do most of the work untill next year's Low as Bass festival so I could try and attend.

Looks like a clean basis for a project! Can't go wrong with a Volvo Wagon

Any pics of that E61?

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
    "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
    SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
      Looks like a clean basis for a project! Can't go wrong with a Volvo Wagon

Any pics of that E61?
      Just a stock diesel wagon

Hoping to get my hands on it when my dad ever decides to sell it and go for a newer one.
      Its a 2004 and has never let us down, it pretty much has become a member of the family within these three years of owning it.

Comment

Originally posted by Arbuuzs View Post
        Just a stock diesel wagon

Hoping to get my hands on it when my dad ever decides to sell it and go for a newer one.
        Its a 2004 and has never let us down, it pretty much has become a member of the family within these three years of owning it.
        Looks nice, especially since it's an M-Sport! I have a 2007 E60, a 530xi 6-speed, 171k miles and runs great. They are wonderful cars, I wish mine was a wagon though like your dad's car haha.

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
        "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
        SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Yes, finally another build from Eastern Europe. You guys just do it better when it comes to cars, and this looks like a really cool blank canvas! I was actually looking into Volvos myself before I got my E46.

Also, if I were you I wouldn't redrill the wheels, adapters should do the job! Oh and pleaaassseee don't put any plastic over fenders on it. Keep it clean my man!

Or you could just build it how you want because I am merely just an opinion on the internet. :^)

Comment

Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
            Yes, finally another build from Eastern Europe. You guys just do it better when it comes to cars, and this looks like a really cool blank canvas! I was actually looking into Volvos myself before I got my E46.

Also, if I were you I wouldn't redrill the wheels, adapters should do the job! Oh and pleaaassseee don't put any plastic over fenders on it. Keep it clean my man!

Or you could just build it how you want because I am merely just an opinion on the internet. :^)
            It will be far from clean, ofcourse I will be aiming for it.
            The main idea behind the arch flares is to mold them in afterwards. The whole plan is to build a Jap inspired Volvo Wagon and try and make some plastic/fiberglass pieces myself, like a new grill and maybe do a molding-delete on the doors and bumpers and later on maybe do a wannabe BN-Sports kit by modling on larger lips on the bumpers and add those basic E36 side skirts so the car looks closer to the ground as a big thing that I've noticed with older Volvos is that, you can lay it on the ground, but the body will look high as hell. A weird idea that I had for a second was maybe adding MK1 Impreza lights as they seem a little sharper, but my friend (that is my welder) would kill me due to the tons of shit he will have to do already, mostly being the fact that he already will **** to do my exhaust and that I don't have any more peso to buy beer for him as I only pay for materials and usage of the welder and not the actual work because he is doing it just because he wants the experience.

And then a matte yellow re-spray.

I swear, the bucket list keeps growing every day more and more, so I have to get my funds together. Always wanted to do something stylish and unique and what can be more unique than a ''BN''-Sports kitted Volvo wagon.

And your E46 is clean as hell, was actually one of my sources of inspiration when I was looking for a e46.
            Last edited by Arbuuzs; 10-20-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

V40s are great wee things. Mitsubishi Charisma underneath so coilovers are cheap and easy to find, and the 4x114.3 pcd means you have a huuuge amount of JDM wheels to choose from

Comment

Originally posted by YesOuiSi View Post
                V40s are great wee things. Mitsubishi Charisma underneath so coilovers are cheap and easy to find, and the 4x114.3 pcd means you have a huuuge amount of JDM wheels to choose from
                Not in Latvia, you gotta order from abroad for all the JDM goodies. Even for the coilovers, I'll have to search ebay because nobody locally sells them.

Comment

Working...
                X