No announcement yet.

1982 Datsun 280ZX "Shakotan Style"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#0000 steel wool and some toothpaste with iron or titanium oxide in them will get those aluminum parts on the engine to shine better than new. L28s have lots of nooks and crannies to get dirt stuck in, props for detailing it.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

I did this with a high strength engine degreaser and a tooth brush lol still have a lot of stuff to get to but this method works great! For the really tough stuff I used dot 3 brake fluid and carefully scrubbed in the places and that does the trick pretty well also. Just have to be careful of paintwork and soft rubber.

Comment

The valve cover is going to get media blasted and buffed Monday. Hopefully it turns out good, trying to get some stuff set up for the new color scheme!

Comment

It's not perfect but damn I'm happy with this!

Comment

Been doing some preventative maintenance on the body of the Z, sanding away surface rust and grime, then primer and paint to protect it. Got some small but exciting parts on the way so stay tuned to see those

Comment

Gotta love the Zs. Beautiful.
              Tuckin' and Minitruckin'

Comment

Thank you, I whole-heartedly agree

Comment

I love these done right, and you are most certainly doing it right. Looking forward to seeing more!

Comment

Thank you, I'm glad you think so! Stay tuned for some updates soon with the engine bay and body, the hail dents won't be in there forever

Comment

I dig the new front lip!
                      grimegang_cody on insta if you want to follow my build

Comment

Thank you, a proper airdam on these s130's really fills out the front much better than stock. Got some cool aero pieces in the works and I think you guys will love it

Comment

Got in touch with a guy about sourcing some wheels for me. Hopefully before the end of next week I'll have some authentic wheels they may be weak specs at first but I plan to rebuild them and restore them myself anyway, it's all part of the fun right?

Comment

You'll be more satisfied with your own set than anything off the shelf. Good call.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

Think I've just decided upon some Hoshino Impuls. Will update here with pictures if it goes as planned!

Comment

[url=https://postimg.cc/image/r60tnx39v/][jpg]

Got a tsurikawa and this neat license plate from Osaka, it may be cheesy but I like it

Comment

Working...
                                X