No announcement yet.

1982 Datsun 280ZX "Shakotan Style"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda slow on updates because I'm low on spendable cash. However I've had some money saving up and I'm getting close to buying something very cool for this car. Can you say "SSR Longchamps"?

Comment

Originally posted by c greens View Post

kinda slow on updates because i'm low on spendable cash. However i've had some money saving up and i'm getting close to buying something very cool for this car. Can you say "ssr longchamps"?:d
      yaaaassss

Comment

Love this car not that particular version or colour.
        Hope to see more of it because a project car it's never really done.

Comment

So I have a full day today to clean up the engine bay of the Z. I knew the bay was kinda dirty but the more I cleaned the more I noticed that it was actually pretty damn nasty in places. Here's a before and after of the portion of the bay where the coolant reservoir is located. This is hard but satisfying work!

Comment

[url=https://postimg.cc/image/vfkjmiwkt/]

A nice coat of Fusso wax and she's ready for summer time!

Comment

i got same wax for my black bmw!!!

its good stuff. and nice car you got there

Comment

It's great! Makes a black car glimmer like crazy, And thanks I appreciate that!

Comment

That bomber placement

Comment

Casey at shirtstuckedin is awesome, I gotta represent the brand. Especially in a build such as this

Comment

What's the wax? I use Meguiars black was, but always looking for great products!
                      1995 E36 Chaos Coupe
                      2000 E46 Touring
                      2006 E46 Coupe
                      2006 E46 ZHP Convertible

Comment

It's called fusso. I search on Amazon and you'll find it no problem. It's a great wax for darker colored cars. People in Japan swear by it! It's decently priced also. I recommend applying it/removing it one panel at a time. It's a terrible time getting it all off at once.

Comment

Thinking this winter of pulling the engine and transmission. I'd like to do a mild build on the bottom end, more compression, preventative maintenance, just freshen things up a bit. Do a slight port and polish to the head, bigger cam, all new timing components, and make sure the engine is ready for ITB's

These aren't my car obviously, but it gives you an idea of the thinking behind my decision.

It'll take a little bit of time though, so you won't see this happen overnight. Keep your eyes peeled...
                          Last edited by C greens; 06-12-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Front end needs more camber... I see these in my near future

Comment

So to get a better idea of how my wheels have to fit when I buy them, I removed the spacer in the rear of the car. Removing 1.25in of "offset" makes an enormous difference. The car sits like garbage! 2 finger gap in the rear and that's still with 15x10.5 -32 and a 205/50/15. This makes me kinda worried about future wheel sizes because it's hard to find 14/15in tires. I'd have to run at least an 11" wide rear wheel for it to even look close to what's on it now, and at least a 10" in the front. However, with the front I'm not AS worried because it has full camber adjustment, or it will by the time it's over with. With 14's I'd have 2 options for the rear;

1. Run the wide wheel setup and stretch a 225/50/14 on there and hope that everything lines up correctly.

2. Run the narrower wheel setup and stretch a 195/60/14 and deal with junk fitment. (Not really junk, just not what I'm looking for.) A 50 sidewall is plenty big enough for this car when running such wheels for my taste. It's meaty and still low profile enough to keep a good stance.

Decisions, dicisions...

Comment

Did some more cleaning today, I'm only halfway done with this part but it's progress!

Comment

Working...
                                X