Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 1982 Datsun 280ZX "Shakotan Style"

Quote Originally Posted by c greens View Post

kinda slow on updates because i'm low on spendable cash. However i've had some money saving up and i'm getting close to buying something very cool for this car. Can you say "ssr longchamps"?:d
    yumm

Quote Originally Posted by C greens View Post
    Well scratch the metal louver idea. He sold the whole car to somebody from the Z forum so now I'm on the hunt. I have a feeling I'm gonna end up having to use abs louvers because the metal ones are pretty hard to find.
    That's because everyone that put metal louvers on never took them off haha.
    2 328i e36's
    Saabaru linear 2.5na
    Various projects.

Intro;
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Also the interior in the Celica supras is made for someone about 5'2" max. So tiny. Momo interior bits make them cool from the factory tho. I know where there's a silver one that's been sitting a few years now...
    2 328i e36's
    Saabaru linear 2.5na
    Various projects.

Intro;

Did some light restoration on one the Yokohamas to test some products out. I didn't get any pictures of when they were bare, but here's a before, when it was primed, and final product picture. I'm still gonna sand and polish the lip, and buy new hardware. I think it looks pretty good! The paint I got was almost an exact match of the stock paint on the wheels.

Did some light restoration on one the Yokohamas to test some products out. I didn't get any pictures of when they were bare, but here's a before, when it was primed, and final product picture. I'm still gonna sand and polish the lip, and buy new hardware. I think it looks pretty good! The paint I got was almost an exact match of the stock paint on the wheels.
    What color is that? The style 5's are begging for that same treatment
    2 328i e36's
    Saabaru linear 2.5na
    Various projects.

Intro;

It's metallic gold Rustoleum lacquer paint over Rustoleum filler primer. It pops pretty good when it's out in the sun, nice and sparkly!

Spray paint? I'm thinking copper or bronze-ish color. Not sure yet.
    2 328i e36's
    Saabaru linear 2.5na
    Various projects.

Intro;

Yes it's in a rattle can. Just make sure you prep the wheel properly and it will hold up fine as long as you don't use a very harsh chemical to clean them with. You can also clear over it to make it more resistant to weather/chemicals.

I live in a place where powder coating. Is crazy expensive. I don't really want to spray them but I know it can come out very well with the right prep work.
    2 328i e36's
    Saabaru linear 2.5na
    Various projects.

Intro;

Sorry for the lack of updates, have to take care of a few financial things before continuing on with the Z build. I’m hoping to get some real work done this winter. I’ve moved it underneath my car port so it is out of the elements more and I can get in there and work on it without being cramped.

A little look into what I’m drawing styling cues from in Japan. I will be incorporating several of these styling cues into my s130 soon!

Did some paint correction to the Z. I canít believe how much oxidation and swirls Iíve removed! It looks like itís fresh from 1982

Got something awesome coming in the mail for the Z... here’s a hint, it’s 4 different boxes

Got something awesome coming in the mail for the Z... here’s a hint, it’s 4 different boxes
    The SSR's?
    Instagram: @ASK83N

Was previously on here as benVAG for many years, until I forgot my password

Man, winter anywhere sucks but I'm stuck in Michigan's upper peninsula. We still have a foot of snow on the ground in places and we're supposed to get another foot this week

Well, it’s been a while! A terrible winter here in TN drained me of all motivation to work on the Z. However, warm weather is right around the corner and I’ve made my first purchase of the year for the Z. After some thinking, I’ve decided to go with a larger duck tail style spoiler instead of a whale tail for now.

I will be updating this more frequently now that the weather is getting nicer out!

That sucks! Winter here consists of freezing rain just above the 32į mark so it doesn’t snow, its just awful outside.

I love the Wats! Car is looking good man, whats your insta?
    grimegang_cody on insta if you want to follow my build

Actually I should have clarified, that’s not my car, it’s just showing off the spoiler I bought! And my Instagram is Chuckster___ (That’s 3 underscores) feel free to follow me!

The engine bay will look something like this sooner than later! Gonna be painting the car myself this summer! Jams, under hood, the whole shabang! While the motor is out, I’ll be doing some maintenance and small upgrades. Cam, timing job, header, and of course the side draft carbies

Looks dope so far. Wouldn't mind seeing some more pics with those freshly painted wheels

Pics?
    Always have cars for sale. Fast e21 bimmer. Bagged 9th gen civic

Oh. Now I see them. Nice engine!
    Always have cars for sale. Fast e21 bimmer. Bagged 9th gen civic

Let’s revive this thread shall we? Been in a car modification slump for a while hike guys, not gonna lie. The Z has been sitting and there’s been some issues pop up in regards to it doing this. There are a few areas where rust is starting to form, mainly around the windshield. I have stuff in the mail now for fixing it, and I’ll update my progress as I go on here.

Plans have changed slightly with the car, as it won’t be exactly like I’d wanted it to be when I started this thread. Shakotan style is amazing, and I love it, but I want to go in a slightly different direction all together. I hope you’ll still enjoy seeing the Zed, and I’ll update here once my products arrive and I start working on the Z!

Yay for thread revivals! Love the wheels dude, cant wait on some more progress
    Quote Originally Posted by aLaFleur View Post

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.