• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it is perfect

the only upgrade is some 3piece wheels

Comment

• Originally posted by Mehowski View Post

when people don't get out the car for photos.
      Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• i think its awsome.... would lower it any more. if you can space it out a bit more that would be great. maybe a csl style boot?

Comment

• So this weekend I finally got the pic of my car I've always wanted - a proper rolling shot! Absolutely over the moon with it.

This Saturday I also got all 4 arches pulled rolled and trimmed out. Got plenty of room in the front and my rear doesn't rub anymore! Might try to squeeze an extra 5mm each side on the rear and chuck my 10mms on the front and call it a day!

Also, my friend made a little film with my car in it - go take a look if you fancy:

Here's our second short film of this year, expect many more to come...Follow us on Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/excite.jp/Owners:https://www.instagram...

Anyway

Originally posted by Kris View Post
          I think it is perfect

the only upgrade is some 3piece wheels
          Thanks! You know what, I'm genuinely over the whole split craze. There's some beautiful 3 piece wheels out there but I really really love my RX261s and don't want to get rid of them. They compliment the car more than most 3 piece wheels would IMO and I'd rather spend the cash elsewhere. Such as getting all 4 of them refurbed in a really light Shadow Chrome colour. That would be sweet.

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
          when people don't get out the car for photos.
          Haha, I told them they didn't have to bother. It was -2oc outside and I simply wanted to test the lens out, didn't even bother washing the car!

Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
          i think its awsome.... would lower it any more. if you can space it out a bit more that would be great. maybe a csl style boot?
          Yup I shall take care of the spacing! Bootlide wise, I'll keep it as it is. I really like the thin rear end, a spoiler would ruin it for me personally (even one of those little m sport lip ones.)

Also, I'm going to invest in a new front splitter and some side skirt extensions again.

Don't worry, the stuff will look much sharper that previously, and won't me as in your face.

I'll also only be running the splitter to shows as it'll be waaaaay too low for daily use.

New lens filter should be here on Wednesday - I'll take some photos with it this weekend.

Thanks!
          Last edited by Mehowski; 02-12-2018, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• I am so happy you said you are NOT interested in getting a CSL bootlid.
            Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
              I am so happy you said you are NOT interested in getting a CSL bootlid.
              Mate, I'm a classy fucker. We don't do these things around here... I'll leave the tackyness to Deaky and his question mark hood ornaments *pew pew shots fired*

Comment

So this weekend I finally got the pic of my car I've always wanted - a proper rolling shot! Absolutely over the moon with it.
                Car looks strong in this pic mate.

Comment

Mate, I'm a classy fucker. We don't do these things around here... I'll leave the tackyness to Deaky and his question mark hood ornaments *pew pew shots fired*

Back on topic though, I'm really glad you're keeping the body mostly as-is. Stock body cars are always a win for me.

I do think it'd be great just taken a liiiiiittle further. M54 anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                    Car looks strong in this pic mate.
                    Thank you man! Means a lot

Originally posted by Ceedark View Post

Back on topic though, I'm really glad you're keeping the body mostly as-is. Stock body cars are always a win for me.

I do think it'd be great just taken a liiiiiittle further. M54 anyone?
                    Same dude, the trick is to keep it stock body yet make it stand out. I'll try and figure something out!

I'd love to dump a bigger engine into it. With that said, until I can afford a daily that won't be happening.

Comment

• So I made a hidden number plate mount today. It's kind of... sketchy, but it works and seems pretty stable! I used to run a removable plate however my friend who used to make them has fallen off the edge of the planet and blanks me every time I ask for help.

What else can I do other than take care of it myself? So, I bought two plastic buckle clips, did some cutting and drilling, and ended up making a mount that I can clip on and off to take my plate off. Much cheaper than a removable plate and I get to keep the OEM front legal plate look which I really like.

These are the bits and bobs I used:

As you can see, some really technical bits of kit! (why did i think this was going to be a good idea)

So, this is what I created.

Yes, the screw ends are obviously getting sawn off, I just didn't get round to it before I took the photos.

All in all, it sits pretty well on the front bumper! While the brackets aren't even I lined up the plate properly and it it's level and in the middle.

... magic!
                      Last edited by Mehowski; 02-16-2018, 06:00 PM.

Comment

...fallen off the edge of the planet

Comment

• alright that mounts kinda cool
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuki View Post
                            If the earth really isn't flat then why do we have flat roads... huh??

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                            alright that mounts kinda cool
                            Thanks, I can't help but look at other bumpers now and try to figure out how to make some brackets for them haha

Comment

• Mounts came out rad! The only thing I would advise would be to add some epoxy around the screw going into the plastic to help prevent any thing in the future.
                              Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

• I used to run something very similar on my Lupo, except mine you had to unbolt rather than unclip which was a bit of a faf. Still, worked fantastic until i decided to tie the corner of my mates tent to it in a drunken fury at edition and rip it clean out of the valance
                                Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
                                1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

Working...
                                X