No announcement yet.

Round 3....another M3 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting the passenger side rear is a PITA, so much weird shaped metal and there is at least 3 layers you have to cut through. Car looks killer with the flares, excited to see it with all four flare and the new wheels and tires on
    grimegang_cody on insta if you want to follow my build

Comment

• Just caught up on the thread, love the car! Makes me want to get an E36. How close are you to Philly?

Comment

• I love those wheels, wish they made them in a more aggressive 17 5x120. Going to look sick once you get them fitted with the flares. Usually I'm all about stock body but this will look like the biz for sure!

@projects_always

Comment

• Great thread, I miss hillclimbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by xxcody2130xx View Post
            Cutting the passenger side rear is a PITA, so much weird shaped metal and there is at least 3 layers you have to cut through. Car looks killer with the flares, excited to see it with all four flare and the new wheels and tires on
            I still havent had time to cut, but I dont think these need as much cut out as the typical overs. Either way I dont really think I will have much trouble, I just need to make myself start on them already.

Originally posted by Kyrin View Post
            Just caught up on the thread, love the car! Makes me want to get an E36. How close are you to Philly?
            Im about an hour away I think. Wouldnt mind seeing that S5 someday and doing a shoot....but I have to trailer my car haha

Originally posted by cblock406 View Post
            I love those wheels, wish they made them in a more aggressive 17 5x120. Going to look sick once you get them fitted with the flares. Usually I'm all about stock body but this will look like the biz for sure!
            I didnt want to cut it up, but its hard to get a lot of tire under these with the stock body. I could have extensively rolled and pulled the fenders, but when this deal came up it was hard to pass on. I really didnt want to switch over to an 18 either, but once I get it sitting right I think itll look even better than it did before. New front springs are deff on the short list however so I can get down to a 5mm spacer.

Originally posted by zoolander View Post
            Great thread, I miss hillclimbs.
            Thanks ! I only was able to race in the one this past year since the 2nd was canceled but next year I will be at as many as possible.

Just got a few notices of things being shipped/ready for delivery. Not sure when the passenger flare is going to arrive however but I dont really need that yet. I can mount the damaged flare if It doesnt show up before december 2nd. I do have some hardmotorsport dive planes coming, a new driver side fender trim, rear 1/4 windows and also a lexan rear windshield. Hopefully I can get the stock glass out myself.
            Last edited by hinrichs; 11-08-2018, 12:06 PM.
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• LOVE these phat wheels, I'm a big fan or fender flares and this car is gonna look killer when finished, the approach to this is amazing.
              My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• Love those NT03s along with everything else you've been doing so far. The car looks like a blast! Keep it up

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                  Love those NT03s along with everything else you've been doing so far. The car looks like a blast! Keep it up
                  They are actually Hoosier A7

Stayed kind of busy over the weekend test fitting, installing, and cutting up the car more. Only really worked on it a little Friday night and Saturday morning due to having other plans, but feel like I got a lot done.

Friday night I decided to tackle the rear 1/4 windows. I went with the hard motorsport cup style with vents. They fit great but I think I need to find someone locally who can copy the 3-d printed mounts so I can add some more. They are kind of flimsy on the corner. I kind of wish I just called them and ordered the windows without hardware and just the vents since I will probably end up having to rivet them on or something. I do have to say tho, its nice being able to kind of quickly get into the back seat area with them pulled out rather than crawling through the trunk for certain things I drop.

hard window 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  hard window 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Next up was the dive planes. They are probably pointless but I think they look cool and they were on sale. To me it finishes off the front bumper compared to the rear with the diffuser. Very easy to install and fit well.

hard bumper aero by minthinrich, on Flickr

Saturday morning I was feeling really ambitious and decided to tackle the driver side rear fender and flare. Super fun knowing if you mess up, the shell is basically destroyed. I forgot to take pics after it was cut and then the steps to get it welded. I will get some on the passenger side once I work on that which should be tonight. I also plan to space the sides of the rear bumper to meet up with the flares.

rear driver fender 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  rear driver fender 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  rear driver fender 3 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  rear driver fender 4 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  Last edited by hinrichs; 11-12-2018, 11:34 AM.
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• I dig the way the rears look with the flares, much more aggressive and track prepped look. Keep up the good work man!

Comment

I dig the way the rears look with the flares, much more aggressive and track prepped look. Keep up the good work man!
                      +1, but didn't you know it was ruined as soon as they put a roundel on it? lmao. Your car is making me **** coupes even less. flares look awesome. anyone ever mold those in? They follow the oem lines pretty damn well.
                      2 328i e36's
                      Saabaru linear 2.5na
                      Various projects.
                      sigpic
                      Intro;
                      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                        +1, but didn't you know it was ruined as soon as they put a roundel on it? lmao. Your car is making me **** coupes even less. flares look awesome. anyone ever mold those in? They follow the oem lines pretty damn well.
                        My rondel is covered by a pentagram and a flying pug lol

Comment

My rondel is covered by a pentagram and a flying pug lol
                          Show us lmao
                          2 328i e36's
                          Saabaru linear 2.5na
                          Various projects.
                          sigpic
                          Intro;

Comment

• Not trying to thread jack Hinrichs but here ya go
                            Last edited by xxcody2130xx; 11-12-2018, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Not trying to thread jack Hinrichs but here ya go
                              I hope he takes this as inspiration to cut some new vinyl for his own. be cool to see what he'd come up with.

Also cody, message me, I wanna talk about that wrap.
                              2 328i e36's
                              Saabaru linear 2.5na
                              Various projects.
                              sigpic
                              Intro;

Comment

• I am going to think of something to do on the car over the winter, just not sure what pattern or design I want to go with. Need to order new vinyl anyway.
                                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                                X