No announcement yet.

Round 3....another M3 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels come tonight, hopefully I can get the tires mounted asap so I can move it around.
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Nice bmw

Comment

• Wheels were delivered yesterday around lunch time, so I went to get them and loaded up the truck so I could take them over to my friends shop bn-imports who stayed late to get them mounted up. Wasnt planning on getting them done right away but glad I did so I can maybe drive the car on the street soon. Still need an alignment tho which might take some time since my friend who did it last time moved to a now shop further away. I guess its time to really figure it out myself.

truck loaded by minthinrich, on Flickr

Of course had to get a shot with one wheel on the stack of tires. Kinda funny how different they fit in the truck vs the slicks (slicks dont fit 4 across)

bn imports by minthinrich, on Flickr

Was nervous at first watching a new tech they have mounting some truck wheels/tires but my friend ended up mounting them instead. Was nice to see him since I had to chat about the other wheels and slicks since I need to swap the spare set on for this year to start out. So happy once I saw the tire mounted.

mounted 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Took them home and threw them on the dirty ass car. Wanted to see the size difference. It looks like a lot in this picture, but in person it seems like maybe 1" width difference.

mounted 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Rear went on first, and it needs to be spaced out a little I feel. I have a 12.5 I might throw on top of the 5mm that I always run.

rear 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Then went to the front which fits perfectly with just the 5mm spacer.

front 12 by minthinrich, on Flickr
        font 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Here is a crappy pic of the side, the car is filthy and there isnt much room around it. I will try and get it out this weekend if the weather holds up and get some better pictures.

side shot by minthinrich, on Flickr
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Had some decent weather and decided to pull the car out of the garage. Drove it over to a friends house which was nice to stretch its legs a little bit. It was still cold but not too bad without heat since it was a short trip.

side 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
          side 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
          side 3 by minthinrich, on Flickr
          side 4 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Also had an idea, and needed to redo my business logo anyway. So I figure try something like hard motorsport sells, and after a little weeding and figuring out placement. I ended up with this. I am planning on doing the rear, leaving the front alone (other than removing the roll call stickers). I might do something on the hood but not really sure yet.

ys logo 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• I like the tabs a lot on the trunk by themselves lol

Comment

• Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo
              I just need something to go from point A to point B
              so i bought 3 bmws
              @cressidodd

Comment

• Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
                I like the tabs a lot on the trunk by themselves lol
                I am having a hard time deciding on wing vs no wing now lol. I kind of want to switch to a different brand and sell the battle aero but not sure yet.

Nothing really new to report other than I drove it around the other day finally. Something rubs in the back which I need to figure out esp since the real tires are even wider. Need to swap them on and bring the car to work with me so I can use our lot and try a halfass autocross. I did get the driver side "livery" done tho. Need to add some here and there and figure out the hood yet.

IMG_4738 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                IMG_4740 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
                  I like the tabs a lot on the trunk by themselves lol
                  I am having a hard time deciding on wing vs no wing now lol. I kind of want to switch to a different brand and sell the battle aero but not sure yet.

Nothing really new to report other than I drove it around the other day finally. Something rubs in the back which I need to figure out esp since the real tires are even wider. Need to swap them on and bring the car to work with me so I can use our lot and try a halfass autocross. I did get the driver side "livery" done tho. Need to add some here and there and figure out the hood yet.

IMG_4738 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  IMG_4740 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Hahaha for a second I thought all those "YS" on the livery were something else. Looks good man
                    Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

• Need to figure out how to not loose the quality when uploaded to youtube. Stupid short video testing out the new mount placement. I race with no rear view mirror so it should look decent.

Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• I think one of those duckbill spoilers would look pretty cool.
                        E34 build thread link
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...42#post1613542

Follow me on insta
                        e_dirty_4

Comment

• Do you need the wing? What kind of racing do you do?

Autocross, for example you don't really need the wing for downforce or to stabilize the rear of the car, if anything it creates drag.
                          For circuit racing on high speed tracks it may be beneficial in long sweeping turn and braking.

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
                            Do you need the wing? What kind of racing do you do?

Autocross, for example you don't really need the wing for downforce or to stabilize the rear of the car, if anything it creates drag.
                            For circuit racing on high speed tracks it may be beneficial in long sweeping turn and braking.
                            I primarily do Time Trial/Hillclimb (scca is changing the names) and some autocross.

Pulled off the roll call stickers, needed to change them anyway since I sold some parts but prolly wont put it back on. Also wing went back on. Its dirty. Rubs with the smaller tires, stiffened it up a lot, but need to figure out why its rubbing....esp since I know the 285s will be a lot worse.

IMG_4959 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                            IMG_4960 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                            IMG_4961 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                            Last edited by hinrichs; 04-02-2019, 03:45 PM.
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Weighed the car...its still kinda heavy at 2820. This was a full tank of gas tho.

weight by minthinrich, on Flickr

Cut some material out of the doors....it was kinda pointless. Still need to do the driver side.

door gutting by minthinrich, on Flickr

Played with the fender flares a little, trimmed them. Pulled one of the backs off to seam seal it which I never did over the winter. Figured id throw one of the slicks back on since its been a while seeing the silver wheels. (trying to decide if I want to get them coated). Also wanted to see how wide the slicks were compared to the street tires.

IMG_4995 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                              IMG_4994 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                              tires by minthinrich, on Flickr
                              Last edited by hinrichs; 04-08-2019, 09:36 AM.
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Im definitely a fan of the big wang lol was warming to the no wing idea until I seen those recent pics, such a purposeful looking car
                                My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Working...
                                X