Round 3....another M3 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
    Im definitely a fan of the big wang lol was warming to the no wing idea until I seen those recent pics, such a purposeful looking car
    I really like it with and without, I just want to switch to a different wing sometime soon or after this year. Mainly not happy with the mounting anymore but it hopefully works well this season.

Nothing exciting coming up really in parts or installs. I do need to do the rear trailing arm bushings which hopefully fixes my issue around turns. Also went with some new 2.5" x 600lb rear springs from eibach. Basically the rear feels like it wants to hop when going around turns with power applied. Ill post some pics during the install if I have time this weekend. Then I need an alignment right away...which I need to call about tomorrow to see if I can get it done next week so I can hit saturdays show. Also a local show down the street from me I might take the car to this weekend.
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Who's RTAB are you looking at using? I have Condor Speed shop's offset bushings in my e36 and love them, even with it being a street car haha
      grimegang_cody on insta if you want to follow my build

Comment

• Originally posted by xxcody2130xx View Post
        Who's RTAB are you looking at using? I have Condor Speed shop's offset bushings in my e36 and love them, even with it being a street car haha
        I went condor standard ones since I am not really that low, I asked them which to go with and thats what they said would be good.
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Yeah, had my doubts about you needing the offset ones haha. Car looks amazing, keep up the good work

Comment

• Bushings came in, have to wait till next week. Decided to put the show rollers on...they rub bad while turning which I will figure out. Prolly picked up like 5 pounds of stones on the drive over. Took one picture, it was super boring.

slicks by minthinrich, on Flickr
            IMG_5076 by minthinrich, on Flickr
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Not much to report on the car, race season might be pushed till next year. Working on a new house with my dream garage so everything is kind of on hold.
              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• House stuff sounds fun. Same boat currently, wedding coming up then a house. lol

Comment

• Decided to finally do the rear trailing arm bushings, since I need an alignment and dont want to waste the money and need to have the front and rear done at different times. Still dunno if I will be racing this year, but going to try.

So I bought the tool they say that helps removing the stock ones. Cool its easy enough to use. Bushing would budge. Then big surprise.....snap. Good things its just the rod, easy enough to fix.

58017482804__2974C218-EA24-4F52-8433-BDBB20553142 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I did however get them out fast with just using an air chisel. Surprised more people dont just use that.

IMG_5455 by minthinrich, on Flickr

No pics but I installed the condor bushings and shims. Hopefully next week I can get it aligned.
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Ready for another update no one will care about? Cool me too.

While slightly packing up the house, waiting to move, waiting for racing, missing the race this weekend ( I will go and watch) I have been working on the car a little bit here and there. Main thing was to get the fire system installed.

Started out with making a remote pull for the kill switch. I can kinda reach it strapped in, but figured why not add a pull when I can. Kinda hard to see in the pics, but if I ever need to I can pull both cables at once and be super safe. Had to get some clips from work to hold the cable but it works perfectly now. Trying to keep the cables neat and tidy inside so routed it back to the bottle well. Sucks I cant test the fire pull per say...but really hope I never have to. Once I get the seat back in itll look even better.

IMG_5579 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                    IMG_5580 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Started to route the under hood nozzles as well. Will hopefully finish that up tonight and Ill have better pictures of it all. I wish I had some more fittings, but working with what I have. If it wasnt metric tubing, I have everything I would need at work.

IMG_5598 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                    IMG_5599 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                    Last edited by hinrichs; 06-12-2019, 09:09 AM.
                    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• Did you ever get your steering rack/power steering issue figured out? Love that you went full out race car on this!

@projects_always

Comment

• My favorite grip e36 build for sure! Keep up the good work

Comment

• Really hope you get to enjoy this for the amount of work you're doing on it. Don't know much about grip but always watch your updates lol

Comment

• Originally posted by cblock406 View Post
                            Did you ever get your steering rack/power steering issue figured out? Love that you went full out race car on this!
                            Ended up getting a new rack last year, rebuilt the pump and all seems to be good on that end. Eventually want to redo the lines just for peace of mind. The main issue I think all along was completely blown out ball joints on the front control arms. I went super cheap from amazon just to see and that made everything good again. I have been looking into a better solution just not sure which way I want to go yet.

Originally posted by xxcody2130xx View Post
                            My favorite grip e36 build for sure! Keep up the good work
                            Thanks man !

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                            Really hope you get to enjoy this for the amount of work you're doing on it. Don't know much about grip but always watch your updates lol
                            If I didnt decide to buy a new house, I would be enjoying it more this year. Only will be making it to 2 or 3 races but thats enough to keep me happy. I have a lot of work to get done on it over winter which will be nice I will finally have the space to do the maintenance this car needs. Mainly bushings and all that but I have a drive-line vibration/noise on decel that I need to figure out. My SCCA region did host an autocross early this year, or last year or whenever it was....but sadly we wont be doing that again unless we find another parking lot. One of these days I should try and do an actual track day.

Got a little more tubing work done last night. finally got the under hood nozzles connected up to the rest of the system. Wanted a little race car bling so half ass polished up the tubing. Also ditched the zip ties for safety wire on the injector nozzle. Tonight I will tackle the dash nozzles and then I can throw the seat back in and start packing up the garage.

IMG_5613 by minthinrich, on Flickr
                            Last edited by hinrichs; 06-12-2019, 09:10 AM.
                            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• I love seeing an in-depth grip racecar build too
                              Speaking of control arms ball joints, how are you setup with control arm angle? Is it low enough to have them pointed up like mine are or are they still sitting flat at ride height?

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                                I love seeing an in-depth grip racecar build too
                                Speaking of control arms ball joints, how are you setup with control arm angle? Is it low enough to have them pointed up like mine are or are they still sitting flat at ride height?
                                Thats a good question, havent ever really looked. I think they are relatively flat, but not 100% sure. I am not really that low. I did get an alignment appointment for Tuesday tho, and its gonna rain, and he said it should be on my race tires so I will be trailering the car out to the shop. Need to seal up the sunroof so my front seats dont get soaked again.
                                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                                X