Road to dat fitment..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road to dat fitment..

Sup guys? I'm a noob when it comes to stance, so be easy on me haha. I started off with a 2011 Kia Forte5 EX model, and it has progressed from there. It has a few mods, wheels, front bumper swap, retofitted projectors, etc, but I'm trying to get into the stance scene. I plan on going with some XXR 530 18x8.75 et20 and go moar low once I get those wheels.

It's going to be a slow thread (college budget ).

Started off like this, lowering springs & left over wheels from my previous ride (20" )

Then a front bumper swap, OEM Forte Koup bumper & plastidipped the 20's

Vinyl roof & mirror wrap, matte black

Sold the 20's, thank god lol. Rolling on stocks for a bit

New wheels, 18x8 et40 ... I got antsy since I'm impatient as fuck and bought these

Retrofit and how it sits now

I have those wheels up for sale now so I can get the 530's. Hoping they sell ASAP, so I can order the XXR's and go moar low.

Mods:
    Koup front bumper swap
    Eibach lowering springs -1 coil
    18x8 et40 wheels
    Vinyl wrap roof and mirrors
    Retrofit headlights
    Tinted tail lights
    EZ lip
    Bunch of stickers for the mad HP

Oh, and I.C.E.
    Clarion NX501 headunit
    Pioneer components
    Cadence txa3004 for mids & highs
    Digital Designs 1508 x2 subs
    Sundown Audio saz1500d for subs
    0ga wiring throughout
    G31 yellow top in spare wheel well (cuz who needs a spare wheel?)

That's a quick break down of my car, I'll hopefully be getting a real front lip this month and new wheels and more low soon.
    Last edited by _AnGeL_; 10-23-2014, 05:32 PM.
    Bagged Kia Forte 5 Build HERE

I am interested to see where this goes.

Comment

Thanks, I've also been contemplating some spacers for current wheels, but idk.

If I did the spacers I'd also like to get a narrower tire for some strech, where as if I buy the XXR's I can just use my current tires.

Comment

That's some good progress. Im in to see where it goes.
        IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

I'm digging it so far!

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Really liking this so far actually. Worried by the 20s initially but looking very good now. Unsure on tinted tails.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

How big of a spacer do you guys think I would need if I go that route?

Comment

I took some measurements over the weekend. A 5mm spacer would put me flush with the fender, I'm thinking a 5mm up front and a 10mm in back for now, at least until I can get the XXR's.

Comment

this is different

i'll look into this next time
                    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Seen a set of the xxr 530 on another Forte and I'm not really feeling them.

I'm been doing some searching and I'm really liking the MB Weapon's, possible staggered set up, 18x8/9 front et30 rear et38, will give me some poke, nothing too outrageous (which I like). The price on the MB's is really good too.

Otherwise, I have been looking at some ESM wheels (BBS LM reps) which I REALLY like, but they are pricey (for me at least).

Comment

Sub'd this will be sixk with 530's... Your title interest me.. because my bro's company is Named DATfitment. >>>>http://www.facebook.com/DATFitmentOfficial <<< give us a like!!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

That's by far the meanest Kia I've ever seen, love it

Comment

Looks good so far.

When it comes to wheels, take your time, search, and don't be afraid to wait for the perfect set. I waited over a year for the right wheels to come along. Also, by the time you screw around buying new Rota's or XXR's you can buy a used set of legit wheels. I bought my wheels from VR Wheels but other good sites are Apt. 9 Wheels, Memory Fab, and the Zilvia forum. Lots of used wheels on Zilvia for decent prices and I think they would fit assuming the Forte is 5x114.3.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

i dig the current look minus the smoked tails and wheels.

follow andrew's advice, he knows a thing or two about kias

Comment

Working...
                              X