#MrBenz builds a MrsAudi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #MrBenz builds a MrsAudi

So after thinking about it for 3 months, I figured that it would be better not to change stuff on my 450 SLC 1977. I'm too scared of lowering it's value since it's a pretty rare collectible and their value will increase a lot in the next years as people start to realize that they are harder to find than the SL version. I had a lot of plans for it, already had my BBS RS and few AMG parts but I ended up selling them.

If you saw my thread for the SLC you probably know that I can get lucky sometimes...really lucky. One day I was on Kijiji (our craiglist in Canada), and I found a 64 000km (39k miles) Audi A4 2000 Quattro 1.8t. It's manual, black leather, Premium sound system and pretty much every options you could get back in the days. What was better is that the car was for sale for 2800 CDN or 2185 USD... Yeah. I was the first to message the old lady so I had the chance to buy it first, which I obviously did. Here are some pictures of the car:

Excuse the dirty carpets, I didn't clean them as the winter is still very present in Quebec, Canada and I don't want to clean time twice before spring.

I started to look for a set of wheels and I found a really cheap set of Porsche Twist 17x7/8.5. I know that AWD cars don't like staggered set so I tried finding an other identical set. Lucky me, my friend had one for sale. I decided to make a square set 17x8.5 ET50. I also found some 225/45/17 Falken FK452 tires that are brand new for a steal... actually they didn't cost anything because I sold the rims that came with it for more than what I paid. Next step is the coilovers, I ordered a set of ST which should be there in the next week. Adapters for the wheels will be 20mm.

For the engine, I really don't want to start playing in it since the car is almost new. I did find a Unitronic Stage 1 ECU that I will probably end up buying and I will probably change a few things around the engine to give it a little bit more power.

Next is the exterior. I don't think I will change a lot of things there. Right now I am only thinking about wrapping the mirrors in brushed aluminium (like the RS4) and wrap the roof in gloss black.

So that's it for now, I will try to update when I have some time!
    The Oldschoolers: https://www.facebook.com/TheOldschoolersAD/

Instagram: @TheOldschoolers

#MrBenz's Audi B5 project

#MrBenz's Audi 100LS 1976

Wow, this is incredibly clean. Especially for the price. Looking forward to seeing this on the twists.

Comment

Holy damn that thing is clean. The leather looks brand new...probably because it pretty much is. And that price, I had to read it over again because I thought it was a typo

Comment

Originally posted by Burn535i View Post
        Holy damn that thing is clean. The leather looks brand new...probably because it pretty much is. And that price, I had to read it over again because I thought it was a typo
        I think I pressed refresh about 10 times when I saw the add, couldn't believe the price and mileage. I even have all the receipts, original manuals and all the documentation that came with the car in 2000.

Comment

Holy shit that mileage

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Holy shit thats clean for 15 years old

Comment

lucky find
              Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Wow, and I thought I got mine for a steal at $3100. Can't wait to see where this goes. You have got one hell of a base to start with.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

that interior! holy hell that's clean
                  This is my signature

Comment

So pretty!!

Renato
                    Team TWM Performance
                    TWMPerformance.com | TWMShiftKnobs.com | GodSaveTheManuals.com
                    sigpic

Comment

Here's a little update! MrsAudi is now Stage 1 Unitronic. Oh yeah, the wheels are on. I should receive the coilovers this week! The fitment will probably be right on, might need to roll a little bit in the front.

Rear

Front

Paint looks clean but it needs a very very very good polish. There's a few rust spots and dents but I will fix those during the summer.

Comment

Am I tripping or are they on backwards ?

Comment

Damn, thats extremely cheap! I would've jumped all over that.
                          Instagram: yobrandonnn

Comment

Originally posted by OsckR View Post
                            Am I tripping or are they on backwards ?
                            All four are identical, I don't see how I could put them in any other way lol

Comment

Wow I wish my B5 was that clean, you got a killer deal on that thing! I'm loving the porsche wheels, can't wait to see it lowered!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                              "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                              SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X