X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
    What do you teach?
    We are developing and teaching a computer course. It's in depth, but also "basic" to me.
    Originally posted by Oxer
    people are such stupid cunts.
    fuck everybody.
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
    Originally posted by Dudermagee
    You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdel View Post
      We are developing and teaching a computer course. It's in depth, but also "basic" to me.
      Ah nice, so teaching pays pretty well in the US?
      Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

But the computer course isn't teaching BASIC, is it? Do people still learn that?

I remember back in engineering at UIUC, the first language we had to program in was fucking binary. Binary. An entire program consisting of nothing but 1's and 0's.

There's a reason I'm an English major.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
        www.stanceworks.com

I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
          Ah nice, so teaching pays pretty well in the US?
          Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
          But the computer course isn't teaching BASIC, is it? Do people still learn that?

I remember back in engineering at UIUC, the first language we had to program in was fucking binary. Binary. An entire program consisting of nothing but 1's and 0's.

There's a reason I'm an English major.
          It's not public school "teaching" lol.

And no, we aren't teaching BASIC. We are teaching computer fundamentals, but a lot more in -depth than fundamentals, if that makes sense.
          fuck everybody.
          You're stupid.

Comment

It's not public school "teaching" lol.

And no, we aren't teaching BASIC. We are teaching computer fundamentals, but a lot more in -depth than fundamentals, if that makes sense.
            No, I totally get what you're going at. It's a good set of skills to have, that's for sure.

And yeah, if you were in a public school, you'd have to be tenured and at the end of your career to be pulling in north of $100k. At least that's how it is in the higher-performing districts around Chicago (including my old HS district).

www.fluidmotorunion.com
            www.stanceworks.com

Comment

• Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
              No, I totally get what you're going at. It's a good set of skills to have, that's for sure.

And yeah, if you were in a public school, you'd have to be tenured and at the end of your career to be pulling in north of $100k. At least that's how it is in the higher-performing districts around Chicago (including my old HS district).
              Hopefully I can grab programming sections. I would love to learn a good chunk of programming, and the best way for me to learn is to have to develop a course for it.
              fuck everybody.
              You're stupid.

Comment

Hopefully I can grab programming sections. I would love to learn a good chunk of programming, and the best way for me to learn is to have to develop a course for it.
                Very, very true. Hands-on is the way to do it. I made it to C++ before I gave up. Binary and machine language were tough for me, but C++ was never really that difficult since I'd learned it in high school as well.

I'm out for the night! Peace all!

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                www.stanceworks.com

Comment

• Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                  Very, very true. Hands-on is the way to do it. I made it to C++ before I gave up. Binary and machine language were tough for me, but C++ was never really that difficult since I'd learned it in high school as well.

I'm out for the night! Peace all!
                  Night man
                  fuck everybody.
                  You're stupid.

Comment

I learnt Java at uni and VB

But at work I used .Net and C# more, since that what is more popular in the market these days.

Comment

• I really want to learn some PHP, Java and Python. All of those are pretty useful for me.
                      fuck everybody.
                      You're stupid.

Comment

I really want to learn some PHP, Java and Python. All of those are pretty useful for me.
                        Really? I understand Java is still pretty common, but I don't see much PHP or Python around.

ASP.Net is more popular than PHP these days

Well on this side of the pond anyway

Comment

• Pancakes and bacon for dinner. Waddup
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                            Pancakes and bacon for dinner. Waddup
                            Had pad thai while working. I'm taking a short break now, but I still have to do 2 hours.
                            fuck everybody.
                            You're stupid.

Comment

• Zero Dark Thirty was decent. I'd say Seal Team Six was better, at least I enjoyed it more anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                                Zero Dark Thirty was decent. I'd say Seal Team Six was better, at least I enjoyed it more anyway.
                                Haven't seen STS. But ZDT was really just alright.
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X