X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That isn't to say that I don't use "Cloud" shit either.

I have Steam on my PC which I believe is considered "cloud" computing crap.

It does have it uses, but I don't think it will take the place of local storage (Phone, tablet, etc) for a long time.
    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
      Like what? What do you mean.

It is literally what we are trying to push our customers to transition to.

http://www.hds.com/solutions/it-strategies/cloud/
      I ment commercial or residential.
      Because this whole thing got started with residential use of phones and tablets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
        I remember them talking about it about 10 years ago like it was the next big thing.
        After a few false starts it is now finally starting to pick up.

However other technologies have gotten cheaper and easier to operate.

Why use a "cloud" when I can connect to my desktop at home from my phone?

Why store things on the "cloud" when I can build a NAS for almost nothing and run whatever RAID config I want.
        Does everyone have the know how to setup a home server for those purposes?
        Originally posted by Oxer
        people are such stupid cunts.
        fuck everybody.
        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
        listen to me carefully, go fuck yourself and never come back here again
        Originally posted by Dudermagee
        You're stupid.

Comment

• Lol kielan was gettin real butt hurt in here earlier, best entertainment on here

Comment

• Originally posted by jdel View Post
            Does everyone have the know how to setup a home server for those purposes?

Thats just it.

You don't need to know alot anymore. Most routers come with NAS built in. Alot of drives have the capability to go on a wireless network. They have apps for your phone to connect to your PC. ETC.

Comment

Thats just it.

You don't need to know alot anymore. Most routers come with NAS built in. Alot of drives have the capability to go on a wireless network. They have apps for your phone to connect to your PC. ETC.
              You don't understand. I still have to sit and troubleshoot basic routers because people don't understand it. Remember everyone isn't at the same level as you and not everyone understands this stuff easily. I guarantee you most people don't know what NAS is.
              fuck everybody.
              You're stupid.

Comment

You don't understand. I still have to sit and troubleshoot basic routers because people don't understand it. Remember everyone isn't at the same level as you and not everyone understands this stuff easily. I guarantee you most people don't know what a NAS is.
                I'm not saying that everyone will or can.
                I'm saying that the expansion of those techs are going to somewhat slow the market of cloud computing for the standard user. It will happen, but not as fast as you make it. I think that a few hundred gigs of memory on a tablet is going to happen before that does.

I can't say for the corporate world because I'm not in it anymore.

Comment

I'm saying that the expansion of those techs are going to somewhat slow the market of cloud computing for the standard user. It will happen, but not as fast as you make it. I think that a few hundred gigs of memory on a tablet is going to happen before that does.

lol already happened

alright 1tb tablet

Comment

I'm saying that the expansion of those techs are going to somewhat slow the market of cloud computing for the standard user. It will happen, but not as fast as you make it. I think that a few hundred gigs of memory on a phone is going to happen before that does.

Have you heard of iTunes Match? It's a service similar to Google play music. Everything is stored in the cloud and you don't have to worry about having more than 8 to 16GB of storage. Both services have had success so far and are growing. The easier they make it for people with no know how, the faster it will grow. Home servers and huge storage doesn't work because people either don't understand or they don't have the money for it.
                    fuck everybody.
                    You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gator View Post
                      Lol kielan was gettin real butt hurt in here earlier, best entertainment on here
                      I'm slowly seeing that. Too bad I miss a lot of it.

Comment

You don't understand. I still have to sit and troubleshoot basic routers because people don't understand it. Remember everyone isn't at the same level as you and not everyone understands this stuff easily. I guarantee you most people don't know what NAS is.
                        Illmatic. Duh.

Comment

• Fucking techno geeks

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                            Fucking techno geeks
                            A large percentage of car enthusiasts are actually in the IT/IS industry
                            Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                              A large percentage of car enthusiasts are actually in the IT/IS industry
                              Fucking statistics.

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                                Fucking statistics.
                                Statistics, 60% of the time it works every time
                                Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

Working...
                                X