This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
    You bought an Audi... may as well say good bye to your bank account...
    Honestly it hasnt had audi specific problems "knock on wood" it has been more 20 year old used car problems. Which really arent much. So far Spark plugs, Brakes, Boost/vac lines, Motor Mounts, Alignment, Tie rods, and Air Filter. Picking up oil tomorrow.

Originally posted by andybob View Post
    Yeah, that's basically what I want to do.

It's such a fun little motor to be honest. It's actually geared pretty good and for a 2.0 it scoots. It's not fast but it's fun. It's a car you can drive at 100% and not get into too much trouble or kill yourself (probably a good thing for me.) It fricken makes a hell of a raquet above 4k. I've even thought about specking out some re-grind cams and just keeping it n/a. Make it flow a little bit better etc. It would be rather expensive to turbo but the thought is there.
    Sonata 2.4l swap it. evo turbo bits, and evo ecu. Bam easy as pie.

Comment

• Buy an Toyota GT86 or Scion FRS, whatever they call them on your side of the ditch
      Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
        Sonata 2.4l swap it. evo turbo bits, and evo ecu. Bam easy as pie.
        Yeah, not only is that out of budget, but it would make the front more of an anchor. The car only weighs 2700 lbs, I don't want to add weight (even though it would have more power.)

There was a place that made bolt on kits but I think they were like 4k. I'll see if they still make them to get an idea of what I would be getting into.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Do it Andy.

Comment

• They don't make the kit anymore so I'd have to do my own. So I would need; turbo ( to keep it simple with an internal wastegate), manifold, head gasket, hot and cold pipes, oil sandwich plate (for the supply lines on the snail), tap the pan for a drain, probably an oil cooler to be safe, intercooler, injectors, catch can, thicker 1/2 rad to make room for the manifold and turbo, exhaust and higher flowing cat, vacuum block to distribute all the vacuum lines, bov, wideband so I can monitor afr's, and most importantly, lots of solid tuning to make it reliable.

The stock motor can handle 12 psi reliably, hell, maybe even 15 if the tuning is really spot on. (I know there was a 2.0 tib a few years back making solid numbers on 25 lbs of boost on the stock block). Would have to also upgrade the clutch to atleast stage 2 to handle the power.

Basically a lot of shit. Depending on boost levels I could probably get the car to 250 crank hp or so and still keep it reliable. It's got me thinking. I would sell the wheels to fund the build and pick up something not quite as aggressive so I could drive it hard.

Hmmmm

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• You might as well, no takers on the car, keep the build going.

Comment

• off to bed
                later

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Boost your car, Andy.

Morning all.
                  BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                  Originally posted by Ollie
                  We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Andy go boost? I'm intrigued.

Sup Chris and sup rest of RT fegs.
                    Sup. Call me Z.
                    My Accord "build".

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                      Buy an Toyota GT86 or Scion FRS, whatever they call them on your side of the ditch
                      Those are junk.
                      IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                        Those are junk.
                        Only a chump would buy one of those limp-wristed girly cars.
                        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Pretty much

Comment

• I will say this: they are beautiful to look at.

Every time I see one I stare at it for a few seconds.

Comment

• Are we still talking about a car?

Comment

• This discussion can be had about breasts, cars, or a particular set of wheels.

Your move.

Comment

Working...
                                X