Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j work
    replied
    Friday and saturday meet? The only reason being is my heart and soul is dedicated to bmw and since roundel reunion got shot down I need something. I very seriously doubt toes will be stepped on being vw/audi attendance trump all other makes and the fact "all other euro" get minimal parking, exposure, attendance. The majority of people showing up in bimmers and other makes can only handle so much farfegnugen and are probably there for the joint love of stance and/or euro.
    Saturday last year was also the day for local bimmer rollouts since most of those guys weren't staying the weekend. Last year's meet was short about 20 cars because of an accident on the way in and few more because of no shows. Not to mention people that didn't even know about the meet.
    My main question is what's with the parking. The SoWo website is very uninformative. Is all parking on field $20 at any given time? There is no contact information on the page and I was wondering about vendor setups. Last two years I've ended up parking in random lots.
    I also am rallying up a pretty strong bimmer turn out for this year.

Leave a comment:

• NickL
    replied
    Im in

Leave a comment:

• pro
    replied
    Friday meets make me sad, because I likely won't be able to come

Leave a comment:

• theseeker411
    replied
    I also feel like a large amount of SoWo attendees are now staying for the full 3 day weekend, if not longer. While it may bring down the attendance of the BMW meet a little, holding it in Friday also keeps us from stepping on the toes of the SoWo organizers that brought back the other Euro field section.

Leave a comment:

• j work
    replied
    aLaFleurI didn't even make it to the show field last year... I'd rather just hang out with friends in town. I feel like that's where most of the unique cars are too anyways...
    Agree 100% I did a walk through on the field, check em and was around town talking in random parking lots and having beers. Was more impressed with the cars around town.

Yeah, maybe Jon. Guess we'll just keep the date and time for noon on Saturday.*

Although I did just check the event grounds map for this year and it
    looks like the SoWo organizers decided to bring back the "other euro" parking section on their main show field. So now I'm wondering if we should even have a separate meet that runs at the same time as their show.
    Don't you have to pay for field spots? The year before last I felt like the other euro section was like back of the bus shit; you guys get back corner exit gate. I really liked then bmw meet last year as it was much more personable and felt like a hideaway from the mainstream event. A destination rollout kinda gives a sense off exclusivity. I dunno.

VanDamageGoddammit I wish I lived closer so I could go to these kinds of things. Sounds like fun.
    Find a way. Your car will make it.

Leave a comment:

• aLaFleur
    replied
    I didn't even make it to the show field last year... I'd rather just hang out with friends in town. I feel like that's where most of the unique cars are too anyways...

Leave a comment:

• GTOguy
    replied
    Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
    Yeah, maybe Jon. Guess we'll just keep the date and time for noon on Saturday.

Although I did just check the event grounds map for this year and it looks like the SoWo organizers decided to bring back the "other euro" parking section on their main show field. So now I'm wondering if we should even have a separate meet that runs at the same time as their show.

Bro, fly down. Or do what I'm doing and drive.

Personally out of respect for the show with having an other euro section offered I wouldn't plan a meet that coincides.

Leave a comment:

• theseeker411
    replied
    Originally posted by j work View Post
    I'll get you a roundel and an 850 badge

Cj you think friday will kill the turnout??
    Yeah, maybe Jon. Guess we'll just keep the date and time for noon on Saturday.

Although I did just check the event grounds map for this year and it looks like the SoWo organizers decided to bring back the "other euro" parking section on their main show field. So now I'm wondering if we should even have a separate meet that runs at the same time as their show.

Originally posted by VanDamage View Post
    Goddammit I wish I lived closer so I could go to these kinds of things. Sounds like fun.
    Bro, fly down. Or do what I'm doing and drive.
    Last edited by theseeker411; 02-10-2015, 11:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• VanDamage
    replied
    Goddammit I wish I lived closer so I could go to these kinds of things. Sounds like fun.

Leave a comment:

• j work
    replied
    Shaun708 I'm gonna come to this, in my non euro ford probe*
    I'll get you a roundel and an 850 badge

Cj you think friday will kill the turnout??

Leave a comment:

• Shaun708
    replied
    I'm gonna come to this, in my non euro ford probe

Leave a comment:

• theseeker411
    replied
    Brasstown Bald looks really good Jon.

As far as meet up time, I'm thinking noon on Friday till ??? Kind of ***** that I missed the actual show at SoWo last year because we held the BMW meet on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• j work
    replied

This is the brasstown bald parking lot. It's is the highest point in ga. Up the road from this parking lot is the observation building. The view is amazing from this place. It's about 20-30minute drive from helen. The road up the mountain is a lot of fun, full of twisties. It is far away from any residential area as you can see and there is probably no one there to call the 5-0.

Really need some photographers at this location if we end up going. Ideal for a sweet shoot.

I throughly enjoy burnouts, but can we like save those for closing time. I really wanna be able to chat, take some photo, drink a beer before rifraf breaks out. A lot of people showed up late and I didn't make a round.

And let's try and keep it real by limiting burnouts to anything that whines, spools, or has more than one throttle body please. I was not impressed with the stock zhp burnouts.

Open for other suggestions too.

Leave a comment:

• GTOguy
    replied
    I like burnouts

Leave a comment:

• aLaFleur
    replied
    I'm going to come do burnouts and let the cops handle it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X