• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hinrichs
    replied
    Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
    Any news on the harness?
    Pulled the intake manifold last night to trace wires and everything looked good. Still having the same issues tho. I think this car had this issue before I purchased it since Im 95% sure that the tps was disconnected. I may try another ecu soon to rule that out (read somewhere it could be an issue).

Car started to smoke on start up tho which has me really worried. I have had really bad luck with cars recently.

Leave a comment:

• 190Evan
    replied
    Any news on the harness?

Leave a comment:

• hinrichs
    replied
    Last night I finished the one side of the garage a little more, and threw the car in. Forgot how good an e36 fits depending on which side your working on. Ended up pulling the intake manifold again to check some wires but its back together.

garage by minthinrich, on Flickr

Didnt really do much else other than clean the bay a little

dirty 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    dirty 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Ran home for my lunch break today, headlights showed up, threw one in. Went with depo ZKW with speed nipples. Couldnt stand the cracked lens anymore that came on the car. For new a new lens set at $80 to have them maybe not fit right, I just decided to get a new set and ditch the angel eyes.

Ignore my faded bumper

headlight 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    headlight 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Last edited by hinrichs; 05-23-2017, 01:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hinrichs
    replied
    Had a plan to install this over the weekend and respray it....yeah all I did was move it outside.

cage 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

I did move my tool boxes around tho and start to reorganize my garage which is long overdue.

tool box 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    tool box 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• hinrichs
    replied
    Have help this weekend so I am going to test the harness and a few other things.

Last night I drove to philly to grab another Kirk 4 point roll bar however....you know just the thing I need right now

cage by minthinrich, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• 190Evan
    replied
    Have you tried tackling the TPS wiring by chance? There's a chance there is Signal circuit resistance if it's un-driveable. I would test the Feedback circuit from the sensor to the PCM. Also BMW TPS's don't have an adjustment do they?

Leave a comment:

• hinrichs
    replied
    Since I cant seem to wait to install anything, decided to tackle the freshly delivered sai delete last night when I got home from work. Yeah that was stupid working on a hot motor. Anyway look at all the room I have for activities now.

Pulled this crap

sai 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    sai 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• hinrichs
    replied
    Starting to **** this car, new tps and cam sensors, yeah same issue with the tps. Plugged in it idles perfectly and runs great but you cant drive it. Un plug the sensor and you can drive.

So here is a pic of the engine once again but missing its cover. Also ended up bending a damn hood strut

I just want to get this fixed so I can start making this thing my own and picking wheels and shit before I decide to dump it and find another one.

MISSING COVER by minthinrich, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• hinrichs
    replied
    Another boring update

So over the weekend I finished the M50 manifold swap, had a huge vacuum leak, it was fun. Still extreemly annoyed as I never had any shipping issues with german auto parts before. Yeah tomorrow it will be a week and I dont have my needed sensors. Typically its next day or 2 day delivery.

So I washed the car finally, really **** the stock wheels but when they are clean they arent too bad.

CLEAN 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    CLEAN 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• hinrichs
    replied
    Last night I hit the manifold swap as soon as I got home, really wasnt too bad to do. Still have some stuff to finish up tonight and the pics of the manifold on were before I finished the crap underneath and mounted up the throttle body. May end up ordering a new intake temp sensor tho so the whole thing may end up coming off again actually.

Crazy how much larger the runners are.

M50 COMPARISON by minthinrich, on Flickr

M50 INSTALL by minthinrich, on Flickr
    M50 INSTALL 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• hinrichs
    replied
    Still waiting on the sensors I ordered, hopefully they ship today so I can attempt to drive the car this weekend.

Yesterday I installed the new silicone intake boot, and pulled out the un necessary ASC system (need a resistor so the abs works) and I am glad its gone, such a stupid system with the extra throttle body. Get ready for some terrible pics. Also a shot of the whole intake which I was going to try and sell, but honestly its not terrible it just needs a new filter. Nice thing I have the original invoice for it so I know what it is, and what filter to buy.

intake 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr
    intake 2 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Got a surprise today when I stopped home for lunch, my M50 manifold showed up much sooner than I expected, so I may start on that tonight if I have some free time. It came with the M50 fuel rail (not sure if I can use that) and also the needed mounting clamps and also the brackets. I also went with the Bimmerworld install kit.

m50 1 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• hinrichs
    replied
    M50 manifold will be here this weekend, install kit comes today so I can start on getting the asc removed at least and the new intake elbow on. Threw on a new fuel filter last night and cleaned the MAF....no change.

Bought a code scanner today, shouldnt have waited. All kinds of fun, but I think my issue is mainly from my throttle sensor so ordered a new one of those, cam position, and also a brake light switch which I think is failing.

Soon I will be taking the car to Kessel Performance for a dyno tune once I get the manifold installed.

After that I can start to look for wheels and tires and figure out what I want to run this time.
    Last edited by hinrichs; 05-11-2017, 12:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hinrichs
    replied
    Well thought I took a picture of the full exhaust, yeah guess I forgot. Looks really great on the car just sitting in my driveway

Went to the local yard, bought a new clutch return spring since I broke my setup since it wasnt installed right on the pedal, will be going back to the car as I think it has a s50/52 swap

clutch spring by minthinrich, on Flickr

Had my friend come over, we threw on my old straight pipe section together with his stock muffler to make a bolt on piece. Took way longer than it should have but we also decided to cut apart his stock muffler. Wow its a dumb design.

cut stock muffler by minthinrich, on Flickr
    Brent m3 by minthinrich, on Flickr

Now for an update on my car and how its running. I threw in the stock 02 sensors, with drilled out spacers, same old issue with it not revving up fully and it would die under power. Drove it around a little and forced it through the issue and then all of a sudden its running perfectly again. Turn the car off for a few, leave the house again and back to same shit problem.

M50 manifold and install kit on the way, talking to a few tuner company's about a tune currently.
    Last edited by hinrichs; 05-11-2017, 12:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 190Evan
    replied
    My lexus did the same thing after changing to a cat-less mid-pipe similar to yours, I haven't installed my simulator but it seems to fall on it's face when I try to get on it under a load. What's weird is regardless of the cats being deemed "faulty" they shouldn't cause your car to do that.

Leave a comment:

• Steven_318ti
    replied
    Being from the UK I still find it hard looking at that engine bay and calling it an M3 when we have the 320bhp engines over here, looks like a great car, loved the white E46, Magnaflow exhaust will sound class

Leave a comment:

Working...
X