E30 325i M-tech II - the endless project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 325i M-tech II - the endless project

I’ve been looking in here for a long time admired many of the builds, especially the E28 from Finland. Damn that’s a mad project! So I’ve decided to share my latest project with you guys. It all started in 2010.

First I swapped my E21 315 (327eta) with an original E30 320i cab from 89, one of the last pre-facelift. I did some small things to it and drove it occasionally to work and BMW meetings.

It got me hooked on the E30 model a when opportunity came I bought a 325i M-Tech II 8/88.

Then as mentioned I bought this beauty.

The former owner renewed the car in 2007 and changed the colour to Sterlingsilber. Unfortunately the left rear wheel arch had a crack, so it had to be fixed.

With that sorted I began searching for a LSD and a set of winterwheels. Had to drive it in the winter, which I hopefully won’t do anymore… I found a 3,64LSD from an E34 and a set of standard 15inch BBS for the car. I also painted the needles in the cluster and changed the batteries for the SI-board.

In search of a set of red MHW taillights I simply gave up. Every mint set that were on sale went for around 650$ on Ebay. Therefor I decided to paint an original set so the indicator became red.

I also found a complete air-condition for an E30 which were installed, but what a disassembly to make. When I got it in it blew the high-pressure hose from the compressor and the radiator was leaking.

The dials in centerconsol were hideous white ones, so found some black ones that matched the original dials.

Now it was time for some meetings instead wrenching in the workshop.

After a couple of months I found a disassembled Alpina B3 3,2 engine 265hp that I bought.
    I started collecting parts as E36 M3 3,2 manifold, catalysts, Sachs race clutch with sintermetal paddles, bigger radiator from a diesel with a/c and all the other necessary parts. It didn’t come with the original injection, instead it had 325i motronic inlet and management.

A buddy and I went to get both cars on the dyno and adjusted. He is running a 2,8 M20 that gave 186hp and mine dropped 246hp and 337nm with 325i inlet and management, pretty satisfied.

Video of the first start and dyno run.

Last edited by Schlander; 04-02-2015, 04:44 PM.
Working...
X