my 88 vw cabriolet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 88 vw cabriolet

I picked my 88 cabby up about 6-7 months ago and have been working on it this winter to get it ready for this summer. When i first picked it up it had some fueling and sputtering issues. Since then i changed both fuel pumps, all fuel lines, accumulator, fuel filter, coil, plugs, and wires. Which has fixed the sputtering. Now for the fun stuff i had a bagged turbo wide body 83 gti previous to this car which i sold as a shell so i was able to swap a lot of parts over from it to build it quickly without having to buy a lot of new parts.

I swapped from the gti:
    Recaro seats, Air lift air ride setup, bbs rs wheels, bbs steering wheel, gti heckblende, chrome mirrors, and some interior pieces.

i also added over this winter bolt in roll cage, techtonics exhaust, postal tail lights, zender grill and headlights, got rid of the bbs's and got oz turbos and then some oz mercedes wheels, buffed the paint and conditioned the top, got a red tonneau cover, replaced the bbs steering wheel with a nerd gold one, porsche polished door handles, big rearview mirror, NRG quick tilt steering wheel adapter, wind screen and etc. I'm also building an ITB 2.0l 16v engine for it that will be dropped in some time next winter.

my gti:

Working...
X