93 Civic hatchback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Civic hatchback

hi, i am 15 and i own a 93 Honda civic Si. i am new to this and this is my first build and chance to learn more about cars. i have owned this car for almost a year now and it has come a long way and it still has more to come.

i got it with the d16z6 in it all stock. the motor was pretty much trash, blown head gasket and cylinder two was not firing. so i decided to put a new motor in. you will see this later on.
    mods so far
    -b20z2 motor b16 lsd tranny
    -stage 2 clutch
    -full exhaust
    -intake
    -msd ignition--going to be removed
    -short shifter
    -function and form type 1 coils
    -front lip
    -amber corner lights
    -jdm fogs
    -window visors

this is how it looked the first day i got it

here is the old motor

started working on the car and pulled the motor out

got the new motor

putting in in my car

in and running now

so next i want to try and lower it so i ordered lowering springs.. wasnt happy with the turn out

next i started sanding the car getting it ready for some paint for now.

my first time ever painting a car and i did pretty good with a rattle can.

here it is the next day at a car show

finally got coilovers!

here is the car with the coils in

there is much more to come!

you're 15 and did all that? Props to you

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
      you're 15 and did all that? Props to you
      This.

Good start so far, just keep up the good work.

Comment

yes im 15. i am the one who got my father involved with cars and he has been helping me a little bit. but mainly just me and friends have been been building it.

Comment

good shit i also have a hatchback but not a si ... i envy the fact that you have a garage to work in also how are the coilovers treating you ?

Comment

thanks man, and iv had the coil overs in for about a month now and they have been great. the ride isn't bad at all. i was shocked at how good it was compared to what i thought it would be.

Comment

Great start for being 15 dude, that's how I learned too, just fucking around in the garage with friends, 7 years later I'm a licensed mechanic, doing it everyday.

Keep it up!

Originally posted by Kielan
              Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

Originally posted by ccul93 View Post
                yes im 15. i am the one who got my father involved with cars and he has been helping me a little bit. but mainly just me and friends have been been building it.
                Same here, got my dad into it too. Props to ya for the work. Ready to see more!

Comment

yeah thanks guys, there sure is much more to come.

Comment

Great work man! But watch out for that rust on your rear fender. You might wanna hit that with por-15 or rust bullet to stop it from spreading.
                    Mint green Mk2 build
                    Daily 190E build

Comment

the rust is bad. it has already eaten through the fenders. soon we are going to cut them out and wield in new ones and then painting the car. but have to wait for the weather to warm up some

Comment

nice my friends also building an eg currently. were 17 but it was the other way around for me my dad got me into working on cars since hes been doing it his whole life.

Comment

good deal and nice build

Comment

Looking good... I just... **** flack black hondas... they look cheap and un-finished. I would have gone with a different color if it was a matter of spraybombing it.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

Originally posted by JVC View Post
                              Looking good... I just... **** flack black hondas... they look cheap and un-finished. I would have gone with a different color if it was a matter of spraybombing it.
                              yeah im not to fond of the flat black either. but once it warms up and i get the rust fixed it will be painted a nice black, not spray paint.

Comment

Working...
                              X