X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• btruong968
    replied
    Originally posted by smokenyall View Post
    Thanks man!! Never seen an em2 laid out!! The tierod ends are 14mm rose joints, 14mm misalignment spacers with of course 14mm bolts. I drilled and tapped the steering arm so it tightens into that and the locknut on the bottom is just for extra insurance. In total I dropped the outer tierod almost 2" for allot of bump steer correction, where there at right now is about 1.5" lower then stock and I have almost no toe change from full lift to laid out!!
    You drove it aired out yet? lmao.
    That tie rod solution is what the 7th gen market needs. i mean, if its affordable.

i have rokkors right now and am thinking about doing bags over coils but my shocks arent as short as yours. you must have decent suspension travel

Leave a comment:

• smokenyall
    replied
    Originally posted by btruong968 View Post
    damn. you went low, man. lol. bags or not, its awesome. especially since its an em2.
    howd you make your tie rod ends?

i like your custom bag setup too, with the straight steering arms. something manufactures should take notice of..
    Thanks man!! Never seen an em2 laid out!! The tierod ends are 14mm rose joints, 14mm misalignment spacers with of course 14mm bolts. I drilled and tapped the steering arm so it tightens into that and the locknut on the bottom is just for extra insurance. In total I dropped the outer tierod almost 2" for allot of bump steer correction, where there at right now is about 1.5" lower then stock and I have almost no toe change from full lift to laid out!!

Leave a comment:

• btruong968
    replied
    damn. you went low, man. lol. bags or not, its awesome. especially since its an em2.
    howd you make your tie rod ends?

i like your custom bag setup too, with the straight steering arms. something manufactures should take notice of..

Leave a comment:

• smokenyall
    replied
    Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
    Wow that's LOW
    Indeed kind sir
    Originally posted by Strawhat View Post
    Even though you royally messed up at the beginning of this thread (I remember it going live last year), like all of us, you have obviously done a great deal of learning and I must say aside from the wheels you have right now, the bag setup looks to be built and setup very well.

As far as people being concerned about the tank behind the bumper, I have seen many high end VIP cars do the exact same thing, including putting the valves and compressors on the back bumper, so he's not doing anything dangerous (that hasn't at least been done many times over).
    Good job man, please proceed!
    Yea I never had a single problem with the extended top hats but I spent time and a decent chunk of change on my current setup, only issue I had was fixing a couple air leaks and messing up a shock but that was my fault. Thanks I appreciate the positive feed back!!

Leave a comment:

• Strawhat
    replied
    Even though you royally messed up at the beginning of this thread (I remember it going live last year), like all of us, you have obviously done a great deal of learning and I must say aside from the wheels you have right now, the bag setup looks to be built and setup very well.

As far as people being concerned about the tank behind the bumper, I have seen many high end VIP cars do the exact same thing, including putting the valves and compressors on the back bumper, so he's not doing anything dangerous (that hasn't at least been done many times over).
    Good job man, please proceed!

Leave a comment:

• 244Brick
    replied
    Wow that's LOW

Leave a comment:

• smokenyall
    replied
    A couple pics from work,
    Laying frame, sway bar and subframe.

Finally cut a piece of my gas tank strap off that I caught that wouldn't stop dragging

Leave a comment:

• smokenyall
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwob View Post
    i love how much trash has been talked on this thread, (a good bit of time with good warrant) but i respect you continuing on, and not letting it get to you
    Yea and the trash talking will never end lol, the old setup served its purpose and the car rode great on that setup until the shocks started softening up from the stiff springs but they never blew, I put countless miles on that setup with no complaints but my new setup rides amazing, feels like a regular car but with a few tink's and scrapes every now and again

Leave a comment:

• em2cody
    replied
    Originally posted by smokenyall View Post
    What's ur wheel and tire specs? Cuz in this pic my frame is an 1/8th from the ground and my bushings look way more pissed off than urs.

Iv seen that car before and it looks nice. How's it coming since you've gotten it back ? Oh And what does ur frame notch look like?
    ah, I got it back last November, lowered it a little more, completely rebuilt and painted it, then got function and form type 1s which lifted me like an inch. bought xxr 527s, painted them white. I was at 20 3/8 fender to ground static right before it got lifted. then after it was lifted, I ***** it so I traded for a lexus, sold the lexus, now I have an s10

Leave a comment:

• smokenyall
    replied
    Originally posted by tstacks View Post
    Pretty sweet build man. Especially the concealed air setup. Never even thought of that....

Good work with the builder struts!! How are they holding up?
    Thanks I appreciate it!!! Yea I had to hide it because I wasn't going to downsize my system for a tank and 2 compressors lol, and there holding up great so far, I have them on #10 of the dampening and they ride amazing with my drive pressure 25psi for the drivers side and 35 for the passenger. Lower ride height than I was static. I haven't had a chance to play with the dampening but I like it how it rides atm!!

Leave a comment:

• smokenyall
    replied
    What's ur wheel and tire specs? Cuz in this pic my frame is an 1/8th from the ground and my bushings look way more pissed off than urs.

Iv seen that car before and it looks nice. How's it coming since you've gotten it back ? Oh And what does ur frame notch look like?

Leave a comment:

• em2cody
    replied
    I was a little less than a quarter inch away from tucking rim

Leave a comment:

• tstacks
    replied
    Pretty sweet build man. Especially the concealed air setup. Never even thought of that....

Good work with the builder struts!! How are they holding up?

Leave a comment:

• smokenyall
    replied
    Originally posted by em2cody View Post
    lol, just saw you were bagging it. come on man, I was that low static on 17s. lololol
    You were laying frame on 17's ? I kinda doubt that, my front tires are almost touching the wheel well and there 195/50/15's and iv never seen anyone tuck rim on 17's and I'm a finger gap from tucking 15's in the rear.

Leave a comment:

• em2cody
    replied
    lol, just saw you were bagging it. come on man, I was that low static on 17s. lololol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X