Another volvo 240........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another volvo 240........

Hey guys, I've gotten so much inspiration from seeing the badass cars on here, I thought I'd finally join... I've been out of the car game since my car got stolen in 2011....95 civic, gsr swap, built head/cams, nitrous, etc...

So my dad moves to tennessee, gets married, and her daughter passes away at the young age of 23 from Cystic Fibrosis. She had an 86 Volvo 240 and ***** it... The car sat for 3 years in a field becoming the home to 2 snakes, bees, and numerous other critters. When it came time for them to move to Florida, they were looking at scrapping the car. When I learned of the car, I said NO WAY!!!

Last week we made a trip up to get the car... cleaned the points on the cap, jumped the car, and it fired right up. Even with 2 vacuum leaks and 3 year old gas, this thing runs like a champ! The body is straight, minus a broken corner light and a missing piece of trim. The paint is coming off, but I like it the way it is...call it "petina".

For now, this is a minor project car for my dad and I, minor tune up, fix it as it breaks type of thing, a "nofuksgivn" type of car.

Plans: 16x8 0 with 205/50 up front, 16x10 -12 225/25 (or similar) in the rear. White Diamond racing wheels. Ebay turbo manifold and turbo, 3" straight exhaust, dumping out the side....or through the hood....not sure yet.

In the last 6 months, I've seen a total of 1 (that's one) Volvo 240's around here in central florida, so this should be a head turner and a just for laughs/attention whore of a car, which is what I'm aiming for. The car will have a light tribute tune to Samantha aka Sammy, the previous owner, and to CF (Cystic Fibrosis) as much as she ***** the car, I couldn't bare to see this car be hauled off to be crushed and/or gutted for parts.

I look forward to posting pics of the progress to share with you all.

Any input/props/**** mail is more than welcomed.

Thanks
Working...
X