-Camber!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -Camber!

so sorry if this is a played out question but when you have negi camber you obviously wear out your tires but is there anything to prolong your tires life?
    i just got my alignment and everything is in spec but obviously thats sometimes boring.
    KINGSTONPHOTO.NET
    2005 Kia Spectra5 Build

so, camber isn't the #1 contributor to tire wear -- toe is. make sure that's dialed in.

i check my tires every week, and when i notice the inside tread getting worn, i'll have the tires flipped. i'm getting about 7500 miles per side right now, so about 15k miles on a pair of tires with a flip halfway through. (i run a LOT of camber though)

Comment

well how do i dialin in toe? just get it to 0?
      how much camber do you have i was just going to do about -3
      KINGSTONPHOTO.NET
      2005 Kia Spectra5 Build

Comment

sorry, forgot about this thread -- i'm running -4* in the front and i've alternated between -7* and -6.75* in the rear.

dialing in toe depends on your chassis -- on my Q45, i had to get toe arms to get the rear to align properly. since my rear suspension is fully heim-jointed, i have the rear toe set as close to 0 as possible. if you still have stock arms, use the factory recommended specs, since they take into account deflection of rubber bushings while you're moving. my front is set to whatever the alignment machine recommended.

Comment

Im running -3 in my rears of my 350z tire wear is minimal to the point of not noticing any difference. I also had to get chamber and toe arms to get the proper toe and chamber angles. Before I did all of this I lowered my car like 3 inches and just ran it like that for like a month. Within a month my belts were showing in my rears. Once I installed the new arms and got the alighnment I have been fine ever since and its been like 2 months now and no signs of wear. Hope this helps. Good luck. Im also running 290 tread wear tires. BFgoodrich KDW2's.

Comment

Remember guys, Dialing toe to 0 isnt always a good thing. Most cars from factory have set specifications of where the toe should be adjusted to.

For example, The Legend is running -3 camber all around, but the rear also has +1 toe (+ or -, i forget) Because thats how the car is designed. Under the load from the acceleration the rear suspension travels in a way to create the optimum angle.

Ive done about 6000 kms on that alignment, not a single bit of ware is showing.
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
              Remember guys, Dialing toe to 0 isnt always a good thing. Most cars from factory have set specifications of where the toe should be adjusted to.
              yes, that's true. you set your alignment when the car is static, but rubber bushings have some deflection that change the alignment when you're moving. depending on what your suspension setup is (ie. rubber, factory bushings vs. solid heim joints or delrin bushings) the amount of static toe you dial in should change.

i would imagine, though, for most people, factory settings should be good enough.

Comment

Factory spec for toe would be ideal. On most cars that happens to be near 0, but when it's not, there's usually a good reason for that.

Comment

is it good to offset camber or keep it all the same...
                  im fwd

Comment

If your tires aren't side and direction dependant you can flip them on the rim so you can wear the other edge.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Originally posted by eyekyu View Post
                      is it good to offset camber or keep it all the same...
                      im fwd
                      It's good to have factory alignment settings.

Stance isn't about doing things that are good.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
                        It's good to have factory alignment settings.

Stance isn't about doing things that are good.
                        i think factory for my can is -1... i can -1.5 if i got moar low...
                        im currently runnin -1.8 now in the front. i wanna go -2 in the rear

but my question is, is it better to have them staggered or the same all around?

Comment

Working...
                        X