Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bringing back the e23

**new updates see below**

Hey, this is my first post here. Been in the vw scene for a while, but it was time to change so I found this *1980* 733i a few weeks ago and snapped it up for 700 bones

Having lots of fun with the car so far. It had been in outdoor storage for a few years, and I'm still working on getting the moss off the car.

So far, just cut the springs. 2 coils off on the fronts, 1 coil on the rears. Doesn't ride too bad... Also tried my hand at painting the taillights red. Testors Transparent Candy Apple Red. Thanks, Hobbytown USA. Still deciding what wheels will go well with this car. Been thinking about corvette salad shooters, but we will see...

I will update as the car progresses. I'm still new to BMW, so if anyone knows where to find parts for this car I would love the help!

From this afternoon:

Land Sharkin'

Tool Time

-David
    Last edited by D-LEM; 10-21-2009, 02:49 PM.

Some massive Borbet B or something along these lines would be sick. Something old, meshy and with loads of dish.

That said, I adore E23s.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

I **** you.

Comment

Good start.

That thing is begging to be dropped as far as physically possible on some old school BBSs or Borbets.

Comment

Needs lower, but a great start. Damn good find! Very jealous right meow.
          [

Comment

Seriously good find. Is it an auto?

Comment

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
              Seriously good find. Is it an auto?
              Yeah, 3 speed auto. Its kinda funny having only 3 speeds... accelerating takes a while. Its all good, I don't really care how fast my car is as long as its as low as possible. That being said, I am looking into my options as far as suspension for this car... H&R makes sport springs for the e23, so perhaps a strut/cut dead coil spring combo? I'm new to the Ground Control idea as well... Do people have good things to say about them?

Comment

Ground control ftw

Comment

That things absolutely gorgeous! I love the old 7 series! I nearly swapped my E36 for an E32 a few months back!

Comment

Lndshrk
                    http://www.flickr.com/r_sotelo

Comment

thats bad ass. ive been wanting an e23 really bad lately.

and yes go with ground control!

Comment

I have a good lead on an E23 if anyone wants one. The guy I sold my E23 to in March is now selling it. He's also considering parting it, so D-LEM if you need parts, I can give you his number.

I want one for a DD while I restore my E24.
                        Last edited by Zack01GC; 09-01-2009, 10:15 AM.

Comment

go with ground controls, they are a really solid setup

Comment

Originally posted by Zack01GC View Post
                            He's also considering parting it, so D-LEM if you need parts, I can give you his number.
                            That would be awesome... I have a few interior bits and pieces that are missing that would be really nice to have!

New updates hopefully coming soon, I have mainly been doing general maintenance stuff, and this once-neglected car is just running sweet right now

Comment

Originally posted by D-LEM View Post
                              That would be awesome... I have a few interior bits and pieces that are missing that would be really nice to have!

Car is light blue with a dark blue interior.

Comment

Working...
                              X