need to know what offset to order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to know what offset to order

hey i have an 86 bmw 635csi want to put on some Autoart VYC's 18's would like a 4 inch lip in rear and 2 1/2 in the front but i would like them to fit like this... I NEED TO KNOW WHAT OFFSET AND TIRE SIZE TO USE I HAVE DROP SPRINGS EIBACK CAR LOOKS LIKE STOCK HEIGHT AFTER BEING DROPPED WOULD LIKE TO HAVE FLUSH LOOK WITHOUT COILOVERS NOT AS EXTEME AS THIS PIC BUT AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE, THIS THE WHEEL IM GOING TO ORDER... PLEASE HELP..... THIS IS MY CAR

Going for 18x10 in the rear 18x8.5 for front

Comment

STOP TYPING IN CAPS PLEAS.

Tho, if it is like stock after you "lowered it" you should cut the springs, or buy coilovers.
      And i got nothing to say about the offset, try searching for M.burroghs, he was the owner of that car at that stage.
      -Instagram@jdjurhuus
      Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

sometimes i hit caps and im already typing to lazy to turn it off hahaha but ride quality is important to me cutting is not an option just need to have a close to flush as possible with the 1.5 inch drop coilovers will definantly be put on maybe in a year or so but need to have a presence on the road for now

Comment

I would advise you to drop the car first, messure the distance from the edge of the fender to the edge of your current wheels and do the math. There are online offset calculators on google and there is even an app for the iphone.

I really don't know much about that wheel company or your car but if they offer low wheel disks that won't clear big brakes (assuming your car has tiny rear calipers), I think a 4" lip in the rear looks to be do-able. I am sure they will poke though
          We are not your average enthusiasts

Comment

Drop first, then wheels.
            SLAMMED GARAGE
            slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Petis View Post
              Drop first, then wheels.
              This.

Comment

Drop first, then wheels.
                Always.

Rollin on aggressive wheels anything but slammed is a terrible life decision.

Comment

yes but funding for being slammed is not there wheels i can get for less then the coilovers i already dropped it oviously not enough i have 1.5 inches between my fender and my 40 profile tires on 17's these wheels came from e39 5 series and had to use half inch spacers in rear to make them fit the way they do i dont know the offset but i would like to have the right amount of poke so when i get my coilovers it will look similar to mikes... also what do u guys think about gold with a black lip on a white car?.. or should i just stick with gold and polish? i'm new to this stance stuff but i'm exited and ready to learn

Comment

Originally posted by HOT ROD View Post
                    yes but funding for being slammed is not there wheels i can get for less then the coilovers i already dropped it oviously not enough i have 1.5 inches between my fender and my 40 profile tires on 17's these wheels came from e39 5 series and had to use half inch spacers in rear to make them fit the way they do i dont know the offset but i would like to have the right amount of poke so when i get my coilovers it will look similar to mikes... also what do u guys think about gold with a black lip on a white car?.. or should i just stick with gold and polish? i'm new to this stance stuff but i'm exited and ready to learn
                    whoooaaa... im not sure what you just said but it doesnt look like anything that'll help you get that type of fitment you posted. sorry

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by HOT ROD View Post
                      ^ if your funds for more low are not there yet, and you can afford wheels, then wait until your funds are available for proper coilovers. Buying wheels will only put coilovers further out of reach. Moderately dropped on agressive wheels looks stupid as hell imo. Your car looks decent as is, but with bigger wheels will look like something is missing. Just wait and do everything right the first time. You will spend a lot less money in the long run.
                      SLAMMED GARAGE
                      slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

^ if your funds for more low are not there yet, and you can afford wheels, then wait until your funds are available for proper coilovers. Buying wheels will only put coilovers further out of reach. Moderately dropped on agressive wheels looks stupid as hell imo. Your car looks decent as is, but with bigger wheels will look like something is missing. Just wait and do everything right the first time. You will spend a lot less money in the long run.
                        Agreed in full.

Comment

thanks for the advice guys but i'm still curious as to what offset i would need to have as much poke as mikes and what width to go with, but if anyone has any used coilovers for my car let me know i'm willing to purchase.

Comment

i have some bmw wheels they are knock off wheels but if any wheel whores are lookin for some they are 18's fit an e46 10.5 rear and 8.5 front staggared three piece look alikes they are RPM 505'S

This is what they look like but they have the fake bolts around the inside and they are a little ruff some rash on the lips but pretty decent looking wheels for being cheap retail for 700 a set will sell with tires or without for 450 let me know...hopefully use the money for coilovers

Comment

350 without tires

Comment

Working...
                              X