Alignment toe settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment toe settings

Well I just had my alignment done, and i'm a little confused on what the correct toe settings to get were.

I had always seen everyone on here running 0 toe, so that's what I requested and that's what I got. However, the mechanics there recommended I get 1/4" toe in because they said it would reduce my inner tire wear since I have so much camber (-4 rear, -2.5 front). Iv'e had some bad experiences with mechanics in the past though, and decided to go against them.

Obviously I don't know much about this- so i'm wondering, did I make the right decision or should I have gotten 1/4" toe in? I may go back in the future if my tires are wearing too badly.

Thanks

You should be fine. Toe wears tires way worse then camber. What you should do it rotate the tires on the wheels so that you get the most life out of them. ex: Take left rear tire and put it on right rear wheel. so that you then wear the other side of the tire. Its what i do every year and ive had my tires for about 3 years running -3 in the rear and -1.7 in the front

Comment

Working...
    X