Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Distance Driving on Stretched Tires....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Distance Driving on Stretched Tires....

I've had my car stanced with stretched tires for about 2 years now. Never drove it further than 100miles away from home.

Wondering if any of you guys with super stretched tires made long distance trips on your cars. Im planning to driving more than a couple hundred miles one way and was a bit skeptical....

Im running 225.35.19s front on 19x9.5s...

The rear i feel safe.

http://night-import.blogspot.com/201...nd-stance.html

Lets hear your stories
    Last edited by WhatsBFc; 08-13-2010, 01:04 AM.

get fix a flat///

Comment

I've never been concerned about taking a longer trip +200 miles with my car. Plenty of have driven 1000+ mile journeys on their stretched tires. Have some friends who have driven from FL to NY and back, NY to GA, and the best one is my friend Ryan who drove from NY to GA then to TX, Cali, and up to Oregon with 205/40/18s on a 9 up front and 225/40/18s on 10s in the rear

Just keep your tire pressures in check and you'll be fine

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
      Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
        Just keep your tire pressures in check and you'll be fine
        This.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

I mean the only thing I would worry about is camber wear. But if u feel that uneasy about just throw on ya oem wheels U don't have your factory wheels?
          sickSTANCE
          Originally posted by shane_lxi
          Holy ride height batman!

Comment

if you driven for 2 years with stretched tires y would u be scared to do more then a 100 mile trip? obviously you have driven more then 100 miles on them in that time, it's not a big difference if your doing it at one time or multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatsBFc View Post
              Wondering if any of you guys with super stretched tires made long distance trips on your cars.
              noone has ever done such a thing. ever.

The general style discussion forum, as well as a place to post your car, or any car for that matter.
              2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
              2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
              1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

Originally posted by slwrthnu View Post
                if you driven for 2 years with stretched tires y would u be scared to do more then a 100 mile trip? obviously you have driven more then 100 miles on them in that time, it's not a big difference if your doing it at one time or multiple times.
                My thoughts exactly.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

I drove to FL and back a few years ago from NJ on 215s stretched across 9s.

Not a single problem. I did keep a fullsize spare in the trunk just in case.

That was just me in the car and luggage.

Comment

Thanks, was just curious as i never drive consistanly for hours

Comment

i don't know but figured i'd chime in on how dope your 5 series is and i've bookmarked your blog FTW

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                        X