E36 Coils; GC or KW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 Coils; GC or KW?

for those of you with experience in the area, which would you choose? gc (i dont remember the specific name, the street/school version) or the kw v2's? im in the market for coils and Im trying to narrow down choices, thanks in advance!!

Go with stanceworks zero clearance coilovers
    Just search for them on this site, you'll find a thread about them. They got really short strutbody and shocks, so they are designed to ride low.
    I'm waiting on a pair, and i dont even have a e36 atm , tho on my last e36 i had KW's loooved them, hope the stanceworks/ast will be a better ride, we will see when i get the coils and the car
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

my gc medium racing kit is going up for sale as soon as i get my new coils in. they have alittle over 4k miles on them. let me know if you are interested.
      Originally posted by Kielan
      I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
        Go with stanceworks zero clearance coilovers
        Just search for them on this site, you'll find a thread about them. They got really short strutbody and shocks, so they are designed to ride low.
        I'm waiting on a pair, and i dont even have a e36 atm , tho on my last e36 i had KW's loooved them, hope the stanceworks/ast will be a better ride, we will see when i get the coils and the car
        when i first heard about the stanceworks coils i was very interested cause i heard about that, then i read more and for the price it should be dampening adjustable aswell (which i read the ones for e36 arent)

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
        my gc medium racing kit is going up for sale as soon as i get my new coils in. they have alittle over 4k miles on them. let me know if you are interested.
        do you happen to know if thats strictly for the m3? (assuming you have an m) because when i waas on the gc site i put in my car (non m 3) and it ruled those out of the picture so im not sure theyd work for my application
        edit: jk i just looked at the car in your sig, ill have to look into that more

Comment

go wit bc racing or stanceworks coilovers. hiit up balleur on here bout bc racing. n as far as stanceworks coils not bein dampenin adjustable. properly valved shocks wit matchin springs no need for adjustment.
          DSDone

Comment

ZOMG FK...............but seriously, i've only used fks and can't really say anything bad about them and haven't heard anything bad about gc or kw either.

Just had my the rear springs and shocks (my fks) on my e30 popped in and they are like night and day compared to the 130,000 miles 20 year old stock garbage.

for further info, this is my second set as my first set was on my mkiv vw gti. handled great in the corners and in the +100mph range on the highways when changing lanes quickly and safely was a necessity.

after a comparison of both set-ups for my current daily (E30), i went with the fks due to previous use but here's what i came up with:

gc coils:

$1400ish for my car and you need the weld on the og spindle mounts. can get them in about a week

fk coils:

$1800ish fully complete ready to install with $925 core charge (so $900ish after monies returned). a 2 month wait.

kw coils:

$1500ish with adjustable camber plates (the only set to include them) and you need the weld on the factory spindle mounts. one week wait. have never heard anything bad about them.

hope this helps.
            Last edited by Guest; 08-11-2010, 05:29 PM.

Comment

what kind of camber plates for the kwv1?

Comment

I'd personally never buy suspension from a company that make garbage like this:

Comment

BC racing coils cost about $1000, come ready to mount on, with camber plates and aluminum rear shock mounts...

I put them on my E36 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier.

Although, this is my first car with coil overs, so i can't really compare them to anything else... the price seemed great and lots of people we're swearing by them.

Comment

Im running the gc track coils with camber plates and love them. Never had a single issue. I would also recommend BC coils due to the quality for the price. I would contact Chelsea Denofa if you planning on getting some. He runs them on his drift car and is running a special on them at the moment for $975 shipped and you get to choose your spring rates

-'95 325is, Alpine on gutted, G/C Track coils 650 lb front/750 lb rear, AA s/c, buckets, Borbet Type A's, etc... :drivin:

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Pitts View Post
                      go wit bc racing or stanceworks coilovers. hiit up balleur on here bout bc racing. n as far as stanceworks coils not bein dampenin adjustable. properly valved shocks wit matchin springs no need for adjustment.

Talk to anyone on the board with a set, and I assure that you will change your mind.

Comment

So....talking to someone on here with a set will convince him that they really do need to be damping adjustable?

Comment

yeah that was a bit confusing I suppose. There was purpose and intention behind choosing the spring rates we did, and valving the system appropriately. There is no need to adjust the dampening due to this, but if someone wanted to be more "interactive" with their suspension system, then there plenty of other brands that offer dampening adjustability.

I know plenty of people on coilovers, and I have yet to meet someone that makes it a habit of adjusting their dampening, but maybe that's just me.

Comment

Working...
                          X