Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rat Taxi, Volvo 244

Selling my daily driver.

Car is located in Austin, TX, and I would prefer to keep the sale local. My email is Crazychopstick@hotmail.com if you need to contact me.

Asking $1000 and I'm open to offers, but no trades.

It's a 1986 244, 190-1 light yellow with brown interior, I drive it everyday and it's made several road trips all over Texas with no issue. The car is a real head turner and I can't drive anywhere without people staring, also it's a 24 year old car which means it's emissions exempt here in Travis County, but it also means it's an old car with little creature comforts. So if you're looking for a discreet, smooth driver, this car isn't for you.

Good:

-Starts and runs great, timed properly, with all LH2.2 components in working order, drives well, and transmission shifts good, registered and inspected and passed emissions this year (it's last year)
    -FUEL SYSTEM: Every item replaced (non-rusty gas tank, both fuel filters, in-line fuel pump, fuelpump-to-fuel rail line, fuel pressure regulator, and cleaned and re-sealed yellowtops)
    -BRAKE SYSTEM: New master cylinder, complete brake flushed with clean Dot4 fluid, all pads in great condition
    -COOLING SYSTEM: New HEPU waterpump and seals, 940 reservoir tank, new 82 degree thermostat, new radiator hoses, replaced radiator, complete coolant flush
    -ENGINE AND ELECTRICAL: '88 B230f with updated engine harness(speculated, but all wires are well insulated and soft) unknown mileage on new motor, no oil leaks, new battery, EMPI clear yellow distributor cap, new distributor rotor and sparkplugs, new 8mm Taylor sparkplug wires, new timing belt, smoothed and painted valve cover, replaced distributor, late model starter, hockey puck passenger side motor mount
    -SUSPENSION: Lowered, new tierod ends, new balljoints, new strut mounts
    -INTERIOR: All door pockets in good condition along with handbrake cover, working speakers and radio, checkerboard head liner, seats in decent condition with minor tears, working Taxi light, GT hornpad, tach
    -EXTERIOR: Rough, fenders rolled and cut with cracked paint, minor surface rust, dirty, custom roofrack, 16x7 740 Hydras wheels, will include spare tail light, and color matched gas door, all door handles work great

Bad:
    -A/C doesn't work, I haven't looked at it
    -Needs an alignment, I eyeballed it, and there's no uneven tire wear, but the steering wheel is off
    -Clunking in the front, probably tierods
    -Passenger doors resprayed, and passenger lock is different, probably been hit in the past, however, all doors, trunk, and hood line up though, and it tracks straight
    -Transmission tailshaft seal leaks, minor, I refill it maybe half a quart every 3-4 months, I can include the seal and bushing
    -Tape player doesn't work
    -No windshield sprayers

this sheit is OFF son!

in a good/ fun way, it be oh so silly-crazy stuff.

I continued smiling through every photo.

Comment

Ha, I like it, wish I was closer. Glws
      [

Comment

my adoption number is 244 and i have it tattooed on my arm this car would be a perfect daily driver

Comment

Working...
        X