Rubbing/Inner Fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubbing/Inner Fenders

what do you guys do to fix the rubbing in the wheel well?
    i know you can take it out but then you get all that water and shit thrown into the car.
    solutions?
    KINGSTONPHOTO.NET
    2005 Kia Spectra5 Build

inner fenders were gone 10k miles ago (bough the car 10k miles ago...), car hasn't seen a spec of salt and also hasn't seen a spec of rust.

boom.
    1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
    Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

remove the plastic liner and spray lots of truck bed liner in there, works everytime
      Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

Mustangs don't have inner fenders like most people think of them. The "inner fender" of a Mustang is actually part of the front frame rails. They extend from the radiator support to the firewall and are actually part of the chassis. The best thing to do would be to call the manufacturer of the conversion kit and ask them if they offer a kit specifically designed for the 94 Mustang.
        F150 Parts

Comment

Let it rub, itll go away eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by dfreshx00 View Post
            Let it rub, itll go away eventually.
            x2

Comment

well, this depends on if you're in an icy climate or not, but i cut out the top of that plastic fender liner, but leave the bit that covers the part of the wheel well closest to the door, so i don't get crap inside the door. i removed the plastic liner completely on my old 240 and i had cruft fall out every time i opened the door :P

if you're talking about rubbing inside the actual wheelwell, then the only real options are to space out your wheels, run less negative camber, or cut them up for more clearance

Comment

Mine just rubbed through ever-so-slightly. No issues or contact since the first week with coilovers.

Seems like the most useful solutions would be
                1.) bedliner (already mentioned)
                2.) more camber
                3.) more stretch
                4.) more low for the lulz
                4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

Working...
                X