X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CamberTire

http://jalopnik.com/5604345/how-one-...nted-the-wheel
    Originally posted by M.Burroughs
    I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

I feel like this is not a bad design, however it is very unpractical. While the stance movement might be growing its more of a form over function thing in most cases. Most kids running aggressive camber will not want to dish out hundreds of dollars per tire for a small production tire. Nice concept but I just don't see something like that taking off on a large scale.

Thanks for the link though, defiantly some food for thought
    "This community is made up of people who strive to push the boundaries of the conceivable"

Comment

i dont like it
      |My Blog|flickr| Currently own: '96 S-10, and '97 Maxima; Soon to own: '95 S14

Originally posted by DuWerk
      Drama you are like god
      Originally posted by SwearBear
      Lol, yes its a 5 speed manuel. I **** automatic >.< And just because its a kia doesnt mean it doesnt have guts or power. 273whp with extreamly very little done to it like less then $100 done to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric M View Post
        I feel like this is not a bad design, however it is very unpractical. While the stance movement might be growing its more of a form over function thing in most cases. Most kids running aggressive camber will not want to dish out hundreds of dollars per tire for a small production tire. Nice concept but I just don't see something like that taking off on a large scale.

Thanks for the link though, defiantly some food for thought
        thx. i lack serious practical knowledge of this stuff. i really got into stance 7 months ago but i dont have a car to stance. i will tho shortly, then i can quit wishin and dreamin about flushness and live it =]
        Originally posted by M.Burroughs
        I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

better just to have a higher durometer compound on the inside of the tire, just make dual compound like the bicycle ondustire does with tires

Comment

This will cause a ton more wear on the tires. If you took a sheet of paper and folded it into a cone and then tried to roll it, the cone would go in a circle. These tires are gonna do essentially the same thing, causing a ton of extra wear.

I've thought about the idea before, but I just don't think its very practical at all

Buy my wheels! http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32917

Comment

Are people forgetting that camber is supposed to be there for handleing purposes? Why not just put solid axles on all cars if you want the tires to stay flat to the road.

Comment

Working...
              X