what tires for 18"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what tires for 18"

what tires should i get for 18x9 +40 and 18x10 +38? im leaning towards 225/40/18 and 235/40/18 right now what you guys think?

I'd go for the same. If I needed to go a bit lower, I'd take 35 aspect ratio.
    sigpic

BMW M5 V8 1993
    Slowtoys CC

Comment

215/35-18 and 225/35-18. Or for milder stretch 225/35-18 and 245/35-18.
      Btw Why did you list the offset? theres no use for it, unless we know what car it is.
      -Instagram@jdjurhuus
      Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

On 10j wheels 225/35 looks really nice.

These are Nankang Ns2 225/35/r18 tyres on Rota Grid Drift 18x10j alloys:

As Zic said, If this i too much stretch, I would go for 225/35 - 245/35 too. Eather way, make sure the difference between the front and the back tyres are 20-30mm.
        The reason why is because there is 1 inch=25,4mm difference on the width of your wheels.
        With 225 in the front and 235 in the back, you will have different amount of stretch in the front versus in the back. But with 225 - 245, the difference will be minimal

Off course, the "difference-stretch-in-the-back-versus-the-front" - thing is just up to you. If you like it more when the stretch isnt the same, then go for it xD Nothing is wrong.
        Besides like 165/35/r18 on 18X14j wheels xD Thats wrong

This guy has 225 tyres on 9.5j, dont know the profile but im guessing its 40 Is this moore like the look you want?

Comment

Completely depends on what car they're going on

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
          Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by Qwaffe View Post
            On 10j wheels 225/35 looks really nice.

These are Nankang Ns2 225/35/r18 tyres on Rota Grid Drift 18x10j alloys:

As Zic said, If this i too much stretch, I would go for 225/35 - 245/35 too. Eather way, make sure the difference between the front and the back tyres are 20-30mm.
            The reason why is because there is 1 inch=25,4mm difference on the width of your wheels.
            With 225 in the front and 235 in the back, you will have different amount of stretch in the front versus in the back. But with 225 - 245, the difference will be minimal

Off course, the "difference-stretch-in-the-back-versus-the-front" - thing is just up to you. If you like it more when the stretch isnt the same, then go for it xD Nothing is wrong.
            Besides like 165/35/r18 on 18X14j wheels xD Thats wrong

This guy has 225 tyres on 9.5j, dont know the profile but im guessing its 40 Is this moore like the look you want?
            I think this looks good. The last picture looks a bit too much of a meaty tire for me. But id you went with a 225 on a "10, and a 205 on a 9.5, is that a bit too much?

More pics of that car btw?

1988 Supra-Soon to be Hellaflush

"Vaders Gona Vate"-

Comment

265/55/17

real answer with more information provided

Comment

Originally posted by Lienhop Photographics View Post
                I think this looks good. The last picture looks a bit too much of a meaty tire for me. But id you went with a 225 on a "10, and a 205 on a 9.5, is that a bit too much?

More pics of that car btw?
                Not shure if I get what you mean, but yeah 205 on 9.5j would give more stretch than 225 on 10j. In that case, I'd go for 215 on 9.5j and 225 on 10j

More pics of the car from the last picture: http://www.garaget.org/?car=167591

If you meant more pics of my car, the first one, I only have pics of the rear anyway. The front wheels aren't fitted yet

Edit: The reason why the tire width should be around 10mm less for the 9.5j is because the differnece between the wheels, 0.5 inch, is about 12mm. So the stretch difference will be minimal.
                Last edited by Qwaffe; 08-27-2010, 06:28 AM.

Comment

yea thats what i ment. What wheels do you have?

"Vaders Gona Vate"-

Comment

Lienhop: If you ment the 6 spoke rotas, I wrote it in the first post:
                    Originally posted by Qwaffe View Post
                    "These are Nankang Ns2 225/35/r18 tyres on Rota Grid Drift 18x10j alloys"
                    //Pontus
                    Last edited by Qwaffe; 08-27-2010, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Yea I know that. I didnt know if it was your car or not. I like the wheels and cant decide if I should get these or the P45 R2's with the same tires. Im not really interested in getting 10's all around cause its going on a mk3 supra but I guess I will just have to see.

"Vaders Gona Vate"-

Comment

Originally posted by Lienhop Photographics View Post
                        Yea I know that. I didnt know if it was your car or not. I like the wheels and cant decide if I should get these or the P45 R2's with the same tires. Im not really interested in getting 10's all around cause its going on a mk3 supra but I guess I will just have to see.
                        Aha okay! Well I like the Rota p45 on the last pic too, but they are too common these days.

I would go for the grids But yeah 10j in the front is too much, 9.5j is more like it.

Comment

Home of the worlds largest collection of Tyre Stretch and Stance photos

i say 215/40/18 and 245/35/18
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/imag...es/cruisin.gif

Comment

Working...
                          X