No announcement yet.

FS: NJ 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, Tarmac Black, 125k miles - $13750 OBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: NJ 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, Tarmac Black, 125k miles - $13750 OBO

$13750 OBO NO TRADES, NO PAYMENT PLANS, NO SCAMS

Hey guys - my name is David and I am selling my friend’s Tarmac Black 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR. I have bought and sold many cars on the forums with no issues - therefore my friend is trusting me with this transaction. He also works long daytime hours and does not have the time to dedicate to replying to emails, and showing people the car - my schedule is a lot more flexible. I will be handing the for sale transaction from questions to the test drive and even the exchange of the title (in hand). I have known Adam (the owner of the car) for many years and can vouch for his car’s excellent mechanical shape - this car is on it’s 2nd timing belt / water pump and has went through gallons of Diaqueen fluids.

Please read the entire description, many potential questions will be answered in this text

Adam purchased this Evo from Brad Benson Mitsubishi in NJ with 46xxx miles during Spring of 2007. Car currently has 125xxx miles. He commutes a total of 110 miles every day at his current job -- literally 99% highway driving. The car has NEVER been lauched, raced or taken to the track! For full disclosure, Adam am the 5th owner of the car but has driven it significantly more than any of the other owners, and has maintained it meticulously, as he does with all his cars. The car has a CLEAN TITLE with NO salvage history. I wouldn’t hesitate to drive this car across the country, I am confident that it would last well past the 200k mile mark with proper care and maintenance.

The previous owner was a mechanic at the dealership and assured him that he took very good care of the car (also used only OEM fluids @ recommended intervals).

The body is in very good condition for its age/mileage. The front has many chips, as one would expect, along with 2 or 3 small dings. The lower piece of the front lip fell victim to a truck tire tread on the highway, but it is barely noticeable. People are consistently amazed that this car has 125k miles.

A/C blows ice cold.

Oil & filter changed every 3000 - 4000 miles with Mobil 1 10w30

Windshield replaced @ 115k miles due to small crack.

Spark plugs changed every 30k miles with NGK coppers (Most recently changed at 115k miles)

Front (transfer case) and rear diff fluid changed every 30k miles with the recommended OEM Diaqueen GL5 fluid. Transfer case does not whine and is in good condition (both fluids changed at 120k miles)

Trans fluid changed at recommended intervals with OEM GL4 fluid. Car shifts very smoothly.

Clutch replaced just prior to ownership with a Stage 2 Exedy kit. The clutch IS relatively heavy, but I had no problem getting used to it and I actually prefer it to a lighter setup. There is absolutely NO slipping.

Brake pads and rotors replaced @ 110k miles with Girodisc “Bailout Special” kit. There is lots of pad left. There is a slight vibration when braking at highway speeds.

Timing belt service done @ around 60k and JUST completed a few weeks ago @ 123xxx miles.
    This was done at ATX Motorsports in Bergenfield, NJ, utilizing the complete mitsubishiparts.net OEM kit (see list below) as well as an OEM thermostat.
    -Water Pump
    -Balance Belt Tensioner
    -Balance Belt
    -Timing Belt
    -Timing Belt Tensioner
    -Timing Belt Tensioner Pulley
    -Timing Belt Idler Pulley

Suspension replaced around 80k miles with BC Racing Coilovers (Street setup).
    Car currently has the following go-fast mods:
    -Perrin intake + intake tube (I fully clean and re-oil the filter at every oil change)
    -3” downpipe (put on by previous owner, I do not know which brand)
    -3” Bushur Racing exhaust
    -3” Perrin High Flow Cat – recently passed NJ inspection, good until 2012.
    -Perrin MBC, set conservatively @ 19 psi for my daily commute
    -Plastic BOV replaced with an OEM metal BOV.

Car tuned by Al @ Dynoflash in Connecticut at around 60k miles. Put down 298hp at the wheels. Pulls VERY hard. Car consistently gets 25mpg – 26mpg during my commute with this tune. The car throws a 0300 code (random misfire) once or twice a year, which I have been assured is normal for tuned Evos by both EvoM members and my mechanic. I will include the code reader that resets the code.

Stereo replaced – JVC head unit, Infinity 4 channel amp, Alpine components in the front, Sony coaxial speakers in the rear. The system is nothing extreme, but it sounds great -- significantly better than stock.

Car currently rolling on BBS MR wheels with OEM Advan tires (plenty of tread). The wheels and tires alone are worth close to $1000.

The wing is currently off the car, but is in great condition, and will be included with purchase.

$13750 (NO TRADES): SERIOUS PARTIES please contact me at 201 914 5033 or email me at dwilinsky@gmail (NO SPAM).com It should be understood that funds and or financing are secured before test driving and making an offer

The car is located at my home in Little Ferry NJ

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

2006 Ferrari 996 F430, 2006 Porsche Cayenne TT
Working...
X