Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Stanced Mag

Hi Guys and Girls...

Just wondering if i could get some feedback on a possible stanced mag...or at least a few one off dedicated issues...

Would you pick it up and have a look or possibly even buy it?

We all know stance is becoming a bigger and better part of the scene here, I dont think it is nearly as well catered for in mags as it should be...

Keen to hear what you think
    In desperate need of a cool signature...

in.

but wont take off, to many ricers with 22x6 +77 wheels around sadly.
    affraid of heights support group member.

N13 streeter, 300zx twin turbo track.

Comment

Has to start somewhere ... where there is a will, there is a way... let us know when the first issue is published

Comment

Its not so much a stanced devoted magazine, but we do release special issue magazines that are dedicated to different parts on the scene, and if they go well, you will find more and more of these styled cars gracing the pages of monthly magazines...

This is what we are looking to do with a the stanced scene

Are there any Australia built cars that you think represent stanced in the best way...maybe something you would like to read about?

Comment

There are only a handfull of cars that are built for the purpose of low ride height and low offset wheels. The scene isn't big enough to cated for a full magazine... That and Alot of the publications that are in australia are full of mis-information. Cars are built then sold, and you see them in a magazine down the track with the credit for the build going completely to someone else.

Not trying to pay out on your publications, But its like your Minitruck publications... or even the aussie brutes.. There have been a couple of trucks that I have helped build, One I even painted, and the credit went to some panel shop that probably wouldnt be able to name 3 of the 7 layers in the paint work.

As I said, Australia isnt ready for a stance magazine. Im all for pushing the scene forward, but you might fill one mag, and sell 30 copies...

What cars would you put in there anyway? DCUPS? and a couple that have graced the pages of autosalon? People want fresh, creative stuff, not features that have been done to death.

Just my thoughts though.. If you decide to go ahead with it, Ill be the first to buy a copy. But Im easily dissapointed when it comes to magazines.
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

yeah ill be up for a copy of the mag, but sadly i think oxer is right the scene isnt big enough to get a full edition of fresh cars that will draw more to this trend.

i have seen a civic on this forum that is being build that i haven't heard much of these days that would go good in it. any updates on it yet oxer or u still figuring your funds out

Comment

I think in order to sell it, itd need to be marketed only on car forums, and only in a limited run to start off with. And probably only one a year. Call it something like STANCED-The Australian Annual.

Comment

SHHHH!! now people are gonna dig it up! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

lol.. nothing has changed, it just collects dust.

Comment

I rekn a one off issue would be tops, only 2 Aussie cars I can think off though is TJ's s13 from qld and DCUPS FD lol

Comment

There are others, dont get me wrong, but majority of people dont want to pick up a mag with beated drift pigs covering the pages because they are generally the most epic of fitment. You could throw a mag together with "new" features of cars that arent that well known, but What you gonna do next year when its time to bring out another one? Id say let the scene grow first, and kriss, DCUPS sold off to a new owner, I dont know where its gone now lol... I hope its in the same condition?

Comment

All very valid points.

Firstly when it comes to cars being credited to people, it is something that is filled in by the owner. This is where the information collected is taken as truth. You cant offer someone a magazine feature and not thank who they wish to be thanked. If that information is incorrect it would be something that needed to be brought up with the owner, rather than the publications teams.

When it comes to special one off magazines like these, which is where magazines such a Bagged,Choppers and the like began, you would be surprised how many thousands sell with no promotion. Its a fantastic way to test the waters and see what sort of feedback these styled cars recieve on their own. Those two magazines for example have gone on to a regular print schedule, due to sufficient sales and a supportive scene.

Whilst the STANCED scene in many of your eyes may not be a big enough scene there is no reason why we cannot start looking at something like this. As many of you will understand, it doesnt happen over night and it does require alot of research and understanding of what people involved in the scene want to read about.

Who knows, you may start seeing a bigger influence from the stanced scene appearing in other titles instead of one on its own.

Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

DCUPS RX7 is now being tracked by the new owner, had waaay too many baller parts to just sit around and hardpark

Comment

i recon a one off issue would work

and don't be modest kriss i'm sure your car would make it in the stanced magazine
                          Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

nah rear is sunken like shit

to have a magazine dedicated to fitment/stance you'd need rim/tyre on guard and rails on the ground, not too many cars in aus that would genuinly cut it

Comment

Originally posted by BBLGUM View Post
                              All very valid points.

Firstly when it comes to cars being credited to people, it is something that is filled in by the owner. This is where the information collected is taken as truth. You cant offer someone a magazine feature and not thank who they wish to be thanked. If that information is incorrect it would be something that needed to be brought up with the owner, rather than the publications teams.

When it comes to special one off magazines like these, which is where magazines such a Bagged,Choppers and the like began, you would be surprised how many thousands sell with no promotion. Its a fantastic way to test the waters and see what sort of feedback these styled cars recieve on their own. Those two magazines for example have gone on to a regular print schedule, due to sufficient sales and a supportive scene.

Whilst the STANCED scene in many of your eyes may not be a big enough scene there is no reason why we cannot start looking at something like this. As many of you will understand, it doesnt happen over night and it does require alot of research and understanding of what people involved in the scene want to read about.

Who knows, you may start seeing a bigger influence from the stanced scene appearing in other titles instead of one on its own.

Thanks for the input guys.

I wasnt looking to place blame or recieve credit, sorry if that came across wrong. The reason Bagged and Choppers sells so easily is because those scenes are allready big. Ive been involved in the minitruck scene since early 05, and was excited to see the first issue of bagged, but after a quick flick trough the pages I realised it was full of old features, with some of those trucks now sold off and in pieces..

The "Stance" movement isn't quite there yet in terms of "followers" and not enough people know what it is, or how to achieve it. It would be awesome to create a one off issue to begin with, almost as an introduction to stance, but if there are any adverts from companies like the tyre factory, then I wont buy it. Dont mean to sound rude, But one of the biggest factors in this scene is wheels, and a $2k set of 20"cromies just doesn't cut it.

I look forward to seeing some crazy fitment in your upcoming publications.. But the only local mag I was buying is Autosalon..

If you can take an approach similat to that, then you will have a cult following.

Comment

Working...
                              X