Can I go any further?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I go any further?

my coilovers are maxed out all the way low we can go. Me and a buddy were talking and wondering if I compressed the spring or sumthin would it go any lower? Or is there any other way of doing this? Any info would be awesome.

take your collars out. That's what im going to do.

04' 350z
    89' s13 Coupe - Sold

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
    That would liven things up a bit. I could go for a shooting right now.

Comment

Originally posted by PHAS3D View Post
      take your collars out. That's what im going to do.
      already took them off and to me it still isnt low enough, but all my friends think so. im running a s-chassis car so the frame is 3.8in off the ground

Comment

Originally posted by mines13 View Post
        already took them off and to me it still isnt low enough, but all my friends think so. im running a s-chassis car so the frame is 3.8in off the ground
        3.8" is pretty high.

i was at 3.5" or so when i was just on springs...

Comment

i measured it from where my exhaust is(its the lowest point) and it shows 2.2

Comment

post info or pics on what coilovers you're running. there is always a way to go lower...
            sigpic
            Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
            Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
            Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

It would help to know the type of car and coilover. Are you looking to go lower all the way around or just in the front or rear?

You could swap in shorter springs.

Depending on what type of suspension setup you have, you may be able to get an additional drop from installing camber plates. For example, installing camber plates on e46's add an additional inch or 1.5" of drop in the front depending on what type of camber plates.
              -Bill

Comment

the car is a 1993 240sx with some godspeed coilovers that were already on it. thats why i was wondering if they would go any lower even though i already have the collars off, or just go ahead and get some PBM. i mean these coilovers arent that bad for DD/Track, they just arent low enough for my taste.

Comment

cut a turn off the coil

JK do not do that.
                  Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                  he mustve enjoyed that bj.

i know for a fact you chubby bitches could suck the air bubbles out of a brake line

Comment

remove collars or helpers!

Comment

If the helpers are still in take those out, that'll help a lot, if not get some shorter springs, or you could cut them, if you wanted.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

you can add preload and then lower the whole assemly down more, but I'm not sure if that will soak up as much space as you want. The frame should be more like 3/4"-1" off the ground on a s chassis, imo.
                        SLAMMED GARAGE
                        slammedgarage@hotmail.com

Comment

these are some cheap coilovers to and i already have both collars off all around. prob just save up and get some better ones. this is what the car looks like now..

and test fitting the kit(sorry for crappy pic)...
                          Last edited by mines13; 07-22-2010, 09:37 AM.

Comment

i thought about removing the perches but i dont know what the springs would sit on when their out. im just getting shorter springs from Tein for the front. i have the Tein basic system, and HUGE front fenders lol

Comment

i already have a set of lowering springs that i had from another 240 would i be able to use those on the coils? they gave the car a 2in drop all around.

Comment

Working...
                              X