Need to repaint rims. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to repaint rims. Help!

So last week i got my new rims from raderwerks, and was NOT impressed with how the color turned out. Now i want to repaint them, so i just wanted to see if there's a better paint out there all the guys use on their custom wheels. I know that a lot of people just go the regular spray paint route, but is there anything better? thanks for the help.

i just used spary paint on my past 2sets. But im happy with the duplicolor wheel paints, seem to hold up. And if they dont have the color, id use regular paint then hit it with the duplicolor clear. ( although i didnt use the clear so i cant say for sure)

Flickr

Comment

Powder coating FTW!
      -Rob
      Wagon MOB
      UsVersusThem
      AWDfitted

Comment

i would love to powdercoat but after spending the money on the rims i don't wanna drop too much more on repainting lol

Comment

if you arent willing to spend a lot of money on repainting i say just spray paint them. Thats what I did!

Comment

i have used the clear, and when it dries it dosent leave a clear appearance more of a foggy no shiny surface, but holds up REALLY well!!

Comment

Powdercoat
              Eatin' Babies

Comment

what do they look like now? just curious
                emerson@migsmotorsports.com
                MigsMotorsports.com
                San Diego Car Service / Installs and Part Sales... Contact us at info@migsmotorsports.com or call us at 858-334-3989..
                Suspension B&G / Eibach / H&R / Kw / KYB / Bilstein Wheels Miro / Alufelgen / Rotiform Clothing effin euro - If we do not list it, ask us and well get it!

Comment

this is the only pic i have, bad cell phone quality
                  Attached Files

Comment

those wheels would look ill in black.

Comment

^^ please no

Comment

i like them gold! how about something like ur body color? or is it too much color-match?!
                        MigsMotorsports.com
                        San Diego Car Service / Installs and Part Sales... Contact us at info@migsmotorsports.com or call us at 858-334-3989..
                        Suspension B&G / Eibach / H&R / Kw / KYB / Bilstein Wheels Miro / Alufelgen / Rotiform Clothing effin euro - If we do not list it, ask us and well get it!

Comment

the thing is, my last rims were all matte black, and it just wasn't working for me. so for this new set, i wanted to go all out and get gold. the only problem is, close up the "gold" is more of a metallic yellow. i'm just not totally satisfied with them..

Comment

i see what u mean...hmmm how about full polished out? i know its more money..but you may be happier in the end

i just got my Work Rezaxs polished out check it out

MigsMotorsports.com

Comment

^^wow those look ridiculous! that actually does make me consider a full polish..

Comment

Working...
                              X