Pic Request: 18's on an e36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic Request: 18's on an e36

So my bro (BF.C member; Big Empty) is looking into some 18" LM reps for his e36 but is a little skeptical about the size, he was looking for something in 17".
    I'll send him this link, so lets see some pics to pursuade him.
    and specs of rim and tire would be appreciated.

ones he's looking at are
    rim: 18x8.5 et35
    tire: Nankang NS-2 225/40/18

TIA

CL add: http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pts/1292826584.html
    He would most likely be re-finishing them with gold centers or purple or something.

Comment

If he wants stance with 18s, He needs 35 series tire, imo, because otherwise the tires will be too chunky to get any kind of real lowness.

Here is my dad's ride with 8x18 ET20 and 9x18 ET22 OEM Style 32s on his Compact. Tires are 215/35 and 225/35 Nankang NS2 in the pics, now he's running 215/35 all around on the same wheels.

If you go with a really low profile tire, 18s are the perfect size for E36s imo, if you don't want to scrape everywhere. Or at least for E36s with M-Bumpers... On non M-Bumper cars I'm not really convinced yet.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

that's the best looking ti i've ever seen.
        would you say that 225/40's arent functional or just look funny?

Comment

ew

Comment

Now now Sean,
            lets be helpful and elaborate please.............................

Comment

k, I prefer being low over havin bigger wheels, and lm reps? Come on now...

Comment

1200 for for curbed lm reps, that guy is fucking crazy

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

yeah i was about to say how expensive they were. 1200 is too much.

Comment

it's Canadian, I have to explain this on almost every forum haha.
                    The guy has been talked down to $900 and the curbing is hardly noticeable, he sent more pics.

Up North here a nice set of Style 5's with decent rubber are moved at around 1700. Nice wheels are somewhat of a rarity. It blows, but you gotta pay to play everywhere in a different way.

Comment

Pay to play? reps? I'm not following

Comment

I want that TI

is that bad?

Comment

that TI is a 323 isnt it?

i know it looks the same as a 318 would if you did the same stuff but being a 323 makes it more legit in my book.

Comment

I went with 215/40's on my 18x8.5's. 215/35 I heard it a really rough ride. Onlinetires.com has Nankang NS2's for 53 bucks a tire. I got my whole set for 270 shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by frey328is View Post
                              that TI is a 323 isnt it?

i know it looks the same as a 318 would if you did the same stuff but being a 323 makes it more legit in my book.
                              Most dislike the Ti because of how it looks, not because its a 318.

Comment

Working...
                              X