Which Car Code Reader do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Car Code Reader do you use?

I don't have one, but I am thinking about getting one soon. Does anybody hooked up their car to a lap top? Can you guys suggest USB to OBD II cable and software? Here is what I've found on ebay; another one. I already have a lap top, so it seems like it will be cheaper that way and it will have whole bunch more functions than regular code reader which would cost me around $60 for a basic one.
    Last edited by RomanTaylor; 08-09-2009, 06:34 PM.

The one Autozone has for free.
    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by OSSHWA View Post
      The one Autozone has for free.
      What you mean? Free code reader or they will do this for you?
      Last edited by RomanTaylor; 08-10-2009, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanTaylor View Post
        What you mean? Free code reader or they will do this for you?
        They do it for you.
        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Originally posted by RomanTaylor View Post
          I don't have one, but I am thinking about getting one soon. Does anybody hooked up their car to a lap top? Can you guys suggest USB to OBD II cable and software? Here is what I've found on ebay; another one. I already have a lap top, so it seems like it will be cheaper that way and it will have whole bunch more functions than regular code reader which would cost me around $60 for a basic one.
          I have a Snap-on Solus for light duty stuff probably out of most casual wrenchers' price range.

I also have a PDA running EASE's OBD-II software and it is great for quick scans and taking on the road for trips and such.

http://www.obd2.com/index_prof.html

What make are you driving as some are specific as such, (I.E. vag-com makes great VW/Audi Scanner software)

Comment

Go into a autozone, give them your DL and they let you borrow a reader. No reason to buy one if you don't do side jobs for people or are a mechanic.
            my name is andy.

Comment

Originally posted by fiziks View Post
              Go into a autozone, give them your DL and they let you borrow a reader. No reason to buy one if you don't do side jobs for people or are a mechanic.
              I don't even do that. I just go in and tell them I need a code scanned/erased. And voila.
              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

I have BMP's version of the Peake scan tool.

Comment

For OBDII I have a ScanGuageII

It's mounted permanently in my sunglass holder and I use it to read IAT, Water Temp, Voltage and Inst MPG. Haven't actually had any CEL's to clear or read with it, but it does do it. Asked for it for xmas last year haha

Comment

Working...
                  X