HELP! seized coilover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! seized coilover!

sooo. i was working on the car trying to get it ready for 512 and found out that the threads are seized in the bottom portion of the coilover. ive been working at it and it has yet to come free. so do yall have any tips or tricks to get the bottom part unstuck?

ive got BC racing coilovers if that matters.

and to help visualize the problem here's a pic (not of my exact coilover) but the threaded body is seized in the lower portion of the coilover (in the guys left hand) thus not allowing it to move up the threads to shorten the coilover.

any advice would help greatly! thanks!

The first thing I would do would be to soak it with pb blaster and let it sit for a while. Afterwards if that doesn't work try hammering the collar with a flatheadscrewdriver to break it loose. That should work. It's happened to me with a set of k sports.

Comment

yea ive soaked it with pb over night and i didnt have time to work on it today so i just sprayed it again. O and the perches arent seized (anymore) its the black peice in the pictures that is under the lowest perch. its the part that has the mounting holes. but thanks for the advice!

Comment

Soak it in Diesel over night or a couple of nights that shit un-seizes anything it worked on my mates Apex suspension (wich are made by BC ) and worked on one of the rings on my old Teins.

Comment

Working...
        X