Megan Racing coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megan Racing coilovers

Please let me know what you think about Megan Racing coilovers. They provide wide range of lowering and have camber plates included. That is the main advantage. But is their quality much worse than respected brands (H&R, KW, etc...)?
    How do you position them in comparison to BC-Racing coilovers?
    Last edited by JDR; 06-18-2010, 08:30 AM.
    ---We buy parts we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't know---

A bit better than Godspeed/K-Sport/D2.... maybe.
    BC > Megan

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
      A bit better than Godspeed/K-Sport/D2.... maybe.
      BC > Megan

Well, but BCs provide only 1.8" oа lowering fro my car while I need 3".

H&Rs are great but they don't have helper spring to be taken out for additional lowering.

So the only option left is KW V1 or V2. I know that V2 are good enough and provide nice range of lowering with removed helper spring, but they cost a bit more than I'd like to spend. And I know nothing about V1's that are priced perfectly for my demands.
      ---We buy parts we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't know---

Comment

I find it hard to believe BC only provides 1.8", but that's just a gut feeling because that's a strangely low number for a coilover. Aren't BC full tap?

Comment

I find it hard to believe BC only provides 1.8", but that's just a gut feeling because that's a strangely low number for a coilover. Aren't BC full tap?
          It is hard to believe but still it is truth! I've contacted BC and they said they could make a custom kit with 3" lowering in the front. Still thinking what to do with ther rear though.

Or simply go with some Weitecs/KWs with removed collar and preload spring.

Comment

Oh right, the Mazda 3 doesn't use struts in the rear right? I've only owned cars with struts so the "other" setup stil baffles me hahah

Comment

BC makes them for Megan.... BCEC is the man corp in Taiwan who makes most coilovers.

Get the Megans

I have them and love them.
              -BMW Master Technician

Comment

Originally posted by JackEatsEmoKids View Post
                BC makes them for Megan.... BCEC is the man corp in Taiwan who makes most coilovers.

Get the Megans

I have them and love them.
                this guy speaks the truth... stickers are what seperates the two

Visit my blog! It needs some freinds...http://yummystreetcandy.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hotdoghogie View Post
                  this guy speaks the truth... stickers are what seperates the two
                  So BC Racing is the same as Megan is?! It's a revelation! I've being told thousand times that Megan has nothing to do with BCs. It shows how evil the MARKETING can be Color scheme and Name make miracles with products

Now I guess K-Sport, NEX, D2 and others are also the same as showed above?

BTW as for European brands: KW, Weitec and ST are also same products (Kw is a parental company). But their range differs. Weitec (Euro market) & ST (US market) don't produce top of the line products, while KW does. But entry KW models are priced almost the same as other brands coilovers.
                  Last edited by JDR; 06-19-2010, 02:37 PM.

Comment

K-Sport, XYZ & D2 are the same thing afaik; never heard of NEX but it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by JDR View Post
                      It is hard to believe but still it is truth! I've contacted BC and they said they could make a custom kit with 3" lowering in the front. Still thinking what to do with ther rear though.

Or simply go with some Weitecs/KWs with removed collar and preload spring.
                      do you mean the helper spring? Never heard of something called a preload spring. I think that term gets tossed around incorrectly a lot.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

K-Sport, XYZ & D2 are the same thing afaik; never heard of NEX but it wouldn't surprise me.
                        NEX are already closed I guess XYZ is their new brand.

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                        do you mean the helper spring? Never heard of something called a preload spring. I think that term gets tossed around incorrectly a lot.
                        Yep. I meant helper spring. My technical English leaves much to be desired

Comment

Ok, I really **** getting into this debate because I think each individual will always have their own views on each product, especially something like coilovers. You guys have to realize that now both K-Sport and Megans have been in the market for a while and the supplier has gotten better at making these.

I'll take K-Sport for example, yes back when I can remember and I was rocking Tien Super Drifts on my S13 I ***** K-Sports and I would always read about them having problems and seizing up and blowing in the first 6 months. Now days I sell K-Sport and have many friends that participate in motorsport and notice NO difference between them and other brands I carry that so many people like. There is no difference IMO with these and others. I cant talk first hand for Megan but do still see people using them and price is great. I think some of the difference with some of these now days are the actual spring being used in which yea sometimes you can notice depending on rates or what not.

I guess what I am trying to say is, why spend 1200+ on a name when you can rock something affordable and not really tell a difference. Not bashing anyone just putting my opinion out there.
                          Drift Indy l Midwest Drift Union l Enthusiast Apparel

Comment

Originally posted by Edgar View Post

I guess what I am trying to say is, why spend 1200+ on a name when you can rock something affordable and not really tell a difference. Not bashing anyone just putting my opinion out there.
                            That's why I took "ap" for my car. www.ap-suspension.com is a daugter brand of KW with great TUV approved quality as is written in all reviews. I'll make a write-up ad doon as I get them and have any conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by JDR View Post
                              That's why I took "ap" for my car. www.ap-suspension.com is a daugter brand of KW with great TUV approved quality as is written in all reviews. I'll make a write-up ad doon as I get them and have any conclusion.
                              Well KW's are pretty awesome, no way around that too be honest. They hold up pretty rad.
                              Drift Indy l Midwest Drift Union l Enthusiast Apparel

Comment

Working...
                              X