Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help and advise. Coilovers for Mazda3

Hello guys!

I'm completely messed up. I need some coilovers, cause my current setup (Bilsteins + cut Sportlines) doesn't work well with 3.4" lowering that I have now, but I can't find any coilovers that are at least close to that range of lowering

What is the lowest kit I can get? Thanks for any input!

Or maybe you know some tricks that help me drop my car to that level but savу it from laying on bumpstops?
    ---We buy parts we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't know---

They're not very good, but K-Sport has coilovers for the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
      They're not very good, but K-Sport has coilovers for the 3.
      There are lot of coilover setups for Mazda3. But they are either cheap and crap or too high for me.
      ---We buy parts we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't know---

Comment

You have cut springs. Doesn't get more cheap and crap than that.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
          You have cut springs. Doesn't get more cheap and crap than that.
          So what?! You offer me to change one crap for another? I've cut my springs, because I wanted to see how it sits and to realize if I have any issues with rubbing. I always new I would buy some coilovers. And even with cut springs (1 coil cut) Bilsteins work better than cheap crappy coils. But now (with 2 coils cut) they are overlowered and do not work at all, laying on bump stops.
          Last edited by JDR; 06-16-2010, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Stance GR+

"Pavement Eater"
            WFC #1913
            sigpic
            Stanceworks Feature
            http://www.stanceworks.com/?p=8665

Comment

Originally posted by ILLES13 View Post
              Stance GR+
              I know they recently produced a kit for Mazda3, but it still has several issues.

Comment

KW or H&R?

A lot of people like these on the Focus (we have very similar suspension setups with the Mazda 3 chassis I think). I have the H&Rs and love them.

Comment

Originally posted by ILLES13 View Post
                  Stance GR+
                  The stance kit for these cars is like a unicorn. Some people claim to have it but who really knows.

JDR and I have been knocking around ideas on what to do for awhile as we both have similar goals (he wants to get low and stay off bump stops, I want to get low without removing rings/cutting shit).

I bought BC's hoping to get lower than my last sport line setup and got the exact same fucking height.

So I am trying to order new (shorter/stiffer) springs from them but getting a bit of a run around.

H&R/KW seem to be the front runners in getting low right now. Hacked K sports aside.

Edit: BC got back to me the R&D dept is trying shorter springs in they mazda units and seeing if it works (and by works I mean doesn't bottom out the shock).
                  Last edited by Dave_The_BMXER; 06-16-2010, 03:06 PM.

I like em dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by JDR View Post
                    So what?! You offer me to change one crap for another?
                    But now (with 2 coils cut) they are overlowered and do not work at all, laying on bump stops.
                    Um. Yeah, pretty much. Even K-Sport is miles ahead of cut springs and laying on bumpstops.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post

I bought BC's hoping to get lower than my last sport line setup and got the exact same fucking height.

So I am trying to order new (shorter/stiffer) springs from them but getting a bit of a run around.

Here is the answer from BC-Racing NA for my inquiry: "The lowest we can get the Mazda 3 is a 3" drop". I asked them how they gonna achieve that range of lowering. Awaiting for the answer.

Comment

Ya don't know if you saw my last message but they are going to get back to me monday bout the shorter spring.

Here is what they said
                        Dave
                        Not yet I will see if I can get something sorted out by Mon. We will be doing a test fit btwn now and then to confirm there will be no issues.
                        Mike

JDR can you measure from the bottom of your front fender arch to the ground when you have a chance?

Mine is 24inches.

I like em dropped.

Comment

JDR can you measure from the bottom of your front fender arch to the ground when you have a chance?

Mine is 24inches.
                          Mine is 23.6 How can that be?

Comment

well, you are lower than 2 people on BC's and 1 person on tiens.

The 2 other people I have asked are 24 as well.

(This all assumes correct size tires and what not)

I like em dropped.

Comment

well, you are lower than 2 people on BC's and 1 person on tiens.

The 2 other people I have asked are 24 as well.

(This all assumes correct size tires and what not)
                              Yes, but I thought I should be more than 0.6". It seems I messed up with inches/milimeters transfer. As far as I get -1.8" Sportlines with 2 coils (0.5" each) cut my current lowering is only 2.8" but not 3.2 as I stated before.

Comment

Working...
                              X