E28 Bumper Lipo (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E28 Bumper Lipo (pics)

Whats crackin Gs and Bs. I just got finished doin some Lipo on my bumpers. For anyone who doesnt know what that is, its drilling a hole in your bumper hydrolics, draining them, and pushing them in, basically poking your bumpers in.

And lemmie tell you, E28s NEED this shit. I swear to god, i used to have more room on my bumpers then i had on a fuckin park bench. Anyways, here are the pictures.

here is a picture so you can kinda see what it was like before

Taking the shocks off the bumper

Drillin

squeezing all the shitty shit out

Just hangin out

Back on

I still gatta touch up a few things / align 1 or 2 things. But its done for the most part. Car looks hella more natural like this.

Nice work. I wound up shortening mine too much the first time I did this, and thus, the bumperless wonder began.

Comment

ive actually been thinking about going bumperless. I seen a dude who did it really well and that shit looked clean as fuck

Comment

Originally posted by Bizzoo View Post
        ive actually been thinking about going bumperless. I seen a dude who did it really well and that shit looked clean as fuck
        Unless you got a picnic planned I say do it! So much better looking.

When I get my next project car, most likely a early Z, next to dropping it that's the first thing Im doing. I **** the big ass chrome bumpers some of these older cars have.

Comment

Yeah i just dunno how to do it. Anyone know of a write up anywhere?

Comment

Take those silly bumpers off!

I did mine and have never been happier

Comment

How do i do it? maybe im dumb i just cant think of a way to get rid of the cap it would leave.

Comment

Looks good! I had no idea there were hydrolics in the bumpers.

Comment

yeah they might as well not even be there, they were only designed to withstand a 5 mph hit. Who the fuck hits people at 5 mph? id wanna at least be goin 15, closer to 20

Comment

came out well. it looks so much better that way
                    Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

The oil smells sooooo bad.

I like em dropped.

Comment

I didnt smell it lul. the shit heeella exploded out of the hydraulics when we compressed it though. If anyone does this.....put the things in a plastic bag when ur pushing them in. If we didnt we would have spent another 45 minutes cleaning, and smelt like shit the entire time apparently

Comment

Shock inside the bumper??? It's new 2 me....

Comment

Holy crap, I just got my e28 a couple of days ago and never knew about this shit. I'm going to try this when I get some time, but just for clarification, after I drill the bumper shocks, wouldn't the "shit" just oooze out? Or do I need one of these things to push them out??? And what did Mike mean when he said, "I wound up shortening mine too much the first time I did this, and thus, the bumperless wonder began." Does this mean if I fuck up, there's no going back if I go TOO short???

You did the rear too???

Comment

really nice E28

Comment

Working...
                              X