Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay springs VS Cut springs

whats rides worst ?

I'm currently on cheap eBay coilovers but people say cut springs ride better...i came across some free "cut" springs and if they ride better than the eBay ones i'll swap them until i pick um my function&form coilovers from weaksos .... no flaming just personal experiences, none of this.... spring rate bottom out BS !

Simple question...does cut springs ride better than eBay springs ?

Im on hacked aftermarkets that typically run pretty hard. I have to say the ride is not that bad at all but I have a Luxury car thats said to have really good struts anyway. It seemed to soften up a bit. The most of the harshness comes from my tires.

All I hear about the e-bay springs is that they are all the same cheap spring no matter what make model year advertised and some people say the dont even fit the perch or top hat. I say just cut your own that way you know they were at least cut with minimal heat.

I clamped a hose with a spring clamp to my spring and let it run over the spring while cutting it with a cut off wheel to keep it cool.

Comment

Springs don't "handle" or "ride." They just hold the car up. If you're going lower, your springs will be stiffer by design. Make sure you have aftermarket or adjustable shocks so you don't catch air by going over a speedbump at 4 MPH.
      Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

Comment

I say both suck and you should save up and spend money on a properly developed suspension that doesn't cost 50 bucks

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
        Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

I'm getting Function&Form Type 1 but just wanted to see peoples opinions. I honestly think cut springs ride better

Comment

:facepalm

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
              Care to explain? And not just facepalm

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike View Post
                I'm getting Function&Form Type 1 but just wanted to see peoples opinions. I honestly think cut springs ride better
                If you have options why even consider?

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                  :facepalm again

Comment

i agree with the double facepalm.

why dont you just continue to ride on your ebay springs until your coilovers arrive? idk what kind of car these are going on but from what ive read, cut springs = blown struts/shocks.
                    cammed, slammed, & female driven

Comment

Originally posted by smokedvr6 View Post
                      i agree with the double facepalm.

why dont you just continue to ride on your ebay springs until your coilovers arrive? idk what kind of car these are going on but from what ive read, cut springs = blown struts/shocks.

Just wanted everybodys opinion on cheap eBay springs or cutting stock springs ... never said neither are good just which one would people do if they are in that situation cause i know i wasted my $ when i ordered the springs off eBay.

Comment

^
                        I'd stay on stock suspension until I could afford a proper setup. Fucking **** the idea of cutting springs

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                        Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by smokedvr6 View Post
                          That's why you...

Originally posted by mojocoggo View Post
                          ...make sure you have aftermarket or adjustable shocks so you don't catch air by going over a speedbump at 4 MPH.
                          Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

Comment

Working...
                          X