No announcement yet.

Fender roller, Which one should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender roller, Which one should I get?

Are any fender rollers better than the other? I need one ASAP, but don't want to be stuck with a bucket of crap. Who has the best deal? No one here sells them that I can find.

they sell them at harbor freight for under $100 i do believe. talks on the mustang forums seem to indicate it's the same/super similar to the expensive eastwood model.
    2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
    2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
    1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

stance offers one as well, for like $300

I dont imagine any of them being very different, my guess is the expensive ones last longer though

Comment

I've got one in the trunk. It's an eastwood. Its nice.

Comment

Hmm harbor freight.. Ive got a 25$ gift card there, and eventually could use a roll.

Flickr

Comment

Thanks everyone! I found an eastwood on ebay for around 265 shipped. I'm going to check around for a few days before I buy.

Comment

sweet. Im always afraid of cracking paint, im not sure i can do it myself

Flickr

Comment

If your car is rusty you can do anything you want to it.

Comment

This is going to be my first attempt too, I'm just going to take it slow and cross my fingers.

Comment

take it slow and if available, use a heat gun, or grind/rust, your choice
                    2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
                    2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
                    1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

I've read over a few DIY's and will probably read a few more before I practice. I don't think it will be too hard.

Comment

not in english but you get the idea

Comment

I got my tool truck locating one for me so i can just pay my tech credit instead of dishing it all out at once. i used a body hammer and big ass mallet to roll my hatch and i ended up getting the rear to pull out 1/2 inch
                          '89 civic hatch 15x8 sportmaxx 501 +15 offset stolen and recovered without my wheels SOLD
                          '93 civic sedan tbd
                          '92 civic sedan cheviot reverse mesh

Comment

Originally posted by kev.skyline View Post
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDTK9...x=0&playnext=1

not in english but you get the idea
                            LOl that guys pretty funny

I might go with the harbor freight one just because its so much cheaper. Does any body have any first hand experience with it? Hows the quality compared to the Eastwood?

Comment

It looks like the HF rollers are discontinued. Thats what I read on a VW forum anyway and I cant find it on their site. Eastwood, here I come!

Comment

Working...
                              X