Just a couple silly questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a couple silly questions.

Hey guys I have a few questions that I'm hoping you guys can answer. First off, what kind of wrench do you need to take apart a set of BBSs. The bolts that hold the wheel together look like they take a special wrench. Also what kind of sealer is the best for them? like to seal the outer rim with the centers and the inner rim. And where can I obtain it. Thank you in advance guys.

i know mine are a 5/16's 12point socket, most tool kits have it. I forgot what the nut on the rear is

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

front is 5/16 12 point and rear is 10mm 12 point. I think the front is supposed to be 8mm 12 point but I dunno.

Comment

ok, and then what's a good sealer? and where can I get it?

Comment

Local auto parts stores. A high temp RTV should do the trick.

Comment

Comment

Thank you guys. Haha. I thought I had quite a bit of work ahead of me, but this is more than I thought It'll keep me busy though. Thanks again.

Comment

It's gonna be A LOT of work.

Comment

Haha all that really means is that I'll allow my self the time to get everything I need to perfect my stance before I put them on. What do you guys think about DIY rattle can painting the center pieces. If I strip, sand, prime, color, and then clear coat they should turn out ok right?

Comment

They'll turn out fan if you take your time and know how to paint

Comment

Ok I'm pretty good with spray paint. So I'll give it a try. Worst case scenario I have to strip them down and take them somewhere.

Comment

^Truth. If you're cool with spray paint, and like Sean said, take your time, they'll be just fine.

Comment

some of the guys over at wheel whores use regular ass bathroom sealant, easy to remove if you ever want to redo or you need to repair

oh and i would deffinately get a paint thats rated for higher temps, i didnt on my steelies and the white paint turned yellow after a drive.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

I was thinking silicone would probably work pretty good.

1 more question, who makes good wheel spacers? I'm not sure what to buy.

Comment

Umm...wow. I'm pretty sure reading that DIY on the tex' just made me want RS's...mother fucker there goes the wallet I don't have!

Sweet baby Jesus...

Comment

Working...
                              X